The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By EPGhost
Put this in my build thread but I'll stick it here too for the track guys. Really liking how the car felt on track this time so I'm really looking forward to meeting up at Cadwell :-D

Another Civic from the day

Couldn't keep up with this one for some reason :lol:

Videos
After seeing the result of a Saxo going off around Pif Paf and end up with a dent in every side I was fairly cautious though the middle sections though the day.

Drive by - all intake sound whisper quiet exhaust haha

Formation driving with two other Civics I met on the day, was great fun, felt like BTCC! Unfortunatly I had to go in as I'd already been out a while

New improved (more stable) suspension shot

Finally random driving with foot cam - was first time trying left foot braking on track so its fairly terrible haha.

No dodgy moments this time unlike Oulton [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By R'ash
Like the different camera shots :cool: don't look bad with the left foot either, i have no control over the left side of my body at all! everytime i try it i nearly end up through the window :lol:
By kipps
R'ash wrote:Like the different camera shots :cool: don't look bad with the left foot either, i have no control over the left side of my body at all! everytime i try it i nearly end up through the window :lol:

Learn to left foot brake on the road - Its alot easier to then apply that to the track for trail braking etc
By R'ash
kipps wrote:
R'ash wrote:Like the different camera shots :cool: don't look bad with the left foot either, i have no control over the left side of my body at all! everytime i try it i nearly end up through the window :lol:

Learn to left foot brake on the road - Its alot easier to then apply that to the track for trail braking etc
I try all the time in the work van of all things which has crap brakes and its either all or nothing, i suppose it doesn't help i have big clumsy steel toe caps on though half the time :lol:
By kipps
I still cant do it properly although am getting better - come track days I just go out and abuse the car and forget to try it out :lol:
By EPGhost
Cheers guys, Kipps speaks the truth, practice bits on the road like when approaching speed bumps. Its hard to use in cars without a sequential box though, I could only use it here as those sections didn't need to change gear.
By kipps
EPGhost wrote:Cheers guys, Kipps speaks the truth, practice bits on the road like when approaching speed bumps. Its hard to use in cars without a sequential box though, I could only use it here as those sections didn't need to change gear.
I still dont even bother with heel and toe on the downshifts like you do :lol:
By kipps
EPGhost wrote:But I like my gearbox :roflmao:
mines on 115k and going strong [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] :lol: *touch wood*

Im deffinately taking you out in mine, then going out with you to see where the differences in ou cars are (Both pretty similar setup ish)
By kipps
EPGhost wrote:Cool sounds good mate, you are definitely a lot braver than me though :lol:
Obviously I meant at cadwell (I seem to have forgotten to type that part in the previous message :lol: )

I wouldnt say it being brave myself, Its having the knowledge and confidence the car can do those sort speeds through the corners (the weak link is always me as the driver :lol: )
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]