The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By eatthis
pulpmelon_r wrote:Pod is the best track in the country, most racers run a tenth or two faster on the 60ft
not on a normal rwyb day it isnt! its like greased teflon then
By eatthis
pulpmelon_r wrote:Put it this way, 2.1's are doable on street tyres at pod, 2.2's are the norm at York

when they glue the track yeh but iv only ever seen them do that on big show days not on normal days.
i havnt been for a couple of years now though so hopefully theyv pulled their finger out and stopped ripping people off!
I was there today and saw a few nice civics. AND a postman pat car! Go kart frame, husquavana bike engine,nos and a toy ride postman pat fibreglass body! Did just under 100mph and looked quite twitchy I'm the crosswind! Audi tts rs pretty much killed its bigger bro R8!
They had like a troff in the wheelspin area and kept filling it with water/substance could this be the glue your on about
By Rofski
It was a good day to be honest, weather was fine just freezing cold, but hey it's England.

Few nice Type R's and one very quick turbo'd EG haha that thing was mental...until postman pat turned up.
dent-remover wrote:I was there today and saw a few nice civics. AND a postman pat car! Go kart frame, husquavana bike engine,nos and a toy ride postman pat fibreglass body! Did just under 100mph and looked quite twitchy I'm the crosswind! Audi tts rs pretty much killed its bigger bro R8!

as if that was you i was talking to and never knew! typical!

i was in the SS EP3 in class C :)
Lee H 27 wrote:Should be there but need to seriously start piling the miles on the MR2 as away for 10 days at the end of the month!
Just take it out each night after dinner for an hour - puts few hundred miles on the clutch in no time.

Kill off a few M3's and Carreras on the way back & jobs a goodun [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Lee H 27
It's the engine I'm currently running in so using car for work at the moment (fookin pain with buckets, cage and harnesses and a suit).

Also having the FN2 etuned at the moment so having to take that out most nights. Fuel bill is steep at the moment as no 50mpg's like an MPS!
Lee H 27 wrote:It's the engine I'm currently running in so using car for work at the moment (fookin pain with buckets, cage and harnesses and a suit).

Also having the FN2 etuned at the moment so having to take that out most nights. Fuel bill is steep at the moment as no 50mpg's like an MPS!
Apparently a focus ST gets even moar mpg

What sort of bed in cycle has been recomended? were the piston rings seated on the dyno?
Not been near a dyno yet. I rebuilt the engine myself and then first run out I accelerated to about 5k revs at half throttle and then let the engine brake back down to about 2.5k rpm. Then drove a few minutes and kept repeating the process for about 25 miles. After that I have changed the oil for more mineral oil and am just driving normally now but varying revs all the time.

Going to change again at 300 miles and then give it more boost and throttle (just on actuator pressure at the moment). Will put normal oil in at 500 miles and then go to York I reckon.

Compression test after 50 miles was showing 150psi on each cylinder so the bedding in was pretty much done by that point really.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]