The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
well it was either go out in that or my 1.1 206 which would you pick? :scratch: tbh im starting to wonder why the hell im on this forum seems like 80% of the people on here are c*cks! i come on here for information advice and some cheap second hand parts not sarky comments off people who have clearly got nothing else better to do than to pick on people that havent read the owners manual 1000000 times. so in a nut shell lick em you bell!
By Jules
You don't help yourself with comments like 'I've had a boxster sideways at 19 so know how to drive'

What do you want, us all to bask in your magnificence, or tell you the truth?

Getting a rwd porsche sideways is easy, it does not make you a racing driver, it makes you like every other Hamilton wannabe on a track who drove their dads car once and think they can drive. I had a Ferrari f360 sideways on a track, doesn't mean I can drive!

:bigthumb:
Darkhawk wrote:i got mintex discs and ferodo ds2500 pads supply and fitted from tegiwa a while ago for a good.price and had no problems with brakefade on trackk and always stop me well,

fair bit of braking at blyton and were still going strong after 4 laps
Agree, good starter combo! 4 pots next! :lol:
algreene wrote:
Darkhawk wrote:i got mintex discs and ferodo ds2500 pads supply and fitted from tegiwa a while ago for a good.price and had no problems with brakefade on trackk and always stop me well,

fair bit of braking at blyton and were still going strong after 4 laps
Agree, good starter combo! 4 pots next! :lol:
i keep looking at 8 pots

i dont need them but they look massive
By Atki
luke beard wrote:...comments off people who have clearly got nothing else better to do than to pick on people that havent read the owners manual 1000000 times....
Owners manual doesn't give you guidance on how to track the car. Chill out, take the banter and don't make "chav-tastic" comments.
algreene wrote:You can't pooh pooh 2500's and not recommend something better! :lol:
ds3000 or carblorain (spelling?)

Avoid ebc yellowstuff, while they stop well and up to some serious temperture (when i was coming off track on Sunday the smoke was billowing off them but no fade at all.
However, they have no feel at all, not progressive and feel very wooden...
bit of a rough morning. being a chav tastic driver of his dads car that wasnt the image i was trying to put across and it was 3 years ago now.

anyway been looking at mintex discs and pads all round and for the price they seem the best way to go.
kipps wrote:Im the same EP - Ive done suspension, slightly uprated brakes, gruppe M + catback exhaust, 5.46 final drive, lsd, light weight flywheel blah blah blah

Engines still 100% standard and Its cracking fun out on track. Pretty much everyone whos ever been out for passenger laps in it, are surprised at how well it goes for standard [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
It also helps that Kipps doesn't know fear when on track; that makes his car feel fast! :shocked!:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]