The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By Wingnuttzz
My mate and I are planning on doing my first trackday at Knockhill on the 15th and was wondering if anybody else is planning on going?

Been to a few Hot Hatch days as a spectator and passenger but have never seen another ep3 on track, only ek9's.

Grant
By bornlucky1
Wingnuttzz wrote:My mate and I are planning on doing my first trackday at Knockhill on the 15th and was wondering if anybody else is planning on going?

Been to a few Hot Hatch days as a spectator and passenger but have never seen another ep3 on track, only ek9's.

Grant
You'll love it and knockhill is a cracking track.
By Wingnuttzz
Ahh good stuff.

Booked on last night, buzzing, ha.

I'll be in a NHB 02. I'll probably be with a whole of 306 folk, ha
By bornlucky1
Enjoy yourself mate, just be careful with the hot hatch days as its pretty much anything goes. Both me and leetec above have been ran into on hot hatch days.

However, its about as close to a race as your allowed to get on a track day and for that reason its my favourite track. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Wingnuttzz
Cheers bud, I'm bricking it but can't wait.

I've had a few passenger laps around Knockhill in an Evo and a High Boosted 306 but that is far as my experience goes. And it doesn't count for much as today is being ran in reverse.
By bornlucky1
Wingnuttzz wrote:Cheers bud, I'm bricking it but can't wait.

I've had a few passenger laps around Knockhill in an Evo and a High Boosted 306 but that is far as my experience goes. And it doesn't count for much as today is being ran in reverse.
reverse is awesome - totally different track [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Wingnuttzz
Had a brilliant day today. Running in reverse is brilliant. Doing about 110mph into the hairpin and weaving through the corkscrew is pretty satisfying.

Think I got a few good clean laps in, made a few mistakes but learnt a lot from it, just about the racing line, how much speed to carry etc.

Car ran faultlessly all day, even on crap budget tyres. Really impressed with how it handled on the track, felt pretty well planted and just good to drive. Could feel it squirming on the tyres at point though, especially under breaking.
Only problem I had was the motorfactor brake pads that the dealer fitted when I got the car. After about 2 laps when they got hot they seemed to melt and leave deposits all over the discs that caused some pretty bad vibrations under breaking. They never faded though so all good. When I finished the session you could see the deposits all over the discs.

Next purchase is definitely going to have to be some upgraded brakes and maybe tyres.

Got some video's uploading at the moment, one from my car and couple from my mates 306 that was following me for a bit.

Can't wait until the next one, Total Jap Car @ Knockhill + Hot Hatch Day.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]