The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By SeanEP3
what sites did people use for their first trip?

detailling accomodation, travel, costs, weather etc.

i have a week off covering my birthday in october, and hoping to go on a bit of a road trip, maybe doing some of the other great roads on the way (stelvios pass etc)

thanks
Last edited by SeanEP3 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ep3ed
We stayed at the Daniels Zur Burg Hotel. Was close enough to the Ring. 200 metres away :D
By yella
Fuchsrorhe or Burgstube.

the latter tends to be a lot livlier in the evenings

although the lindner cottages are great if your going with a large group and cna work out a lot cheaper than guesthouses as you can have people sleeping on the floor......lol
By yella
SeanEP3 wrote:what sites did people use for their first trip?

i have a week off covering my birthday in october, and hoping to go on a bit of a road trip, maybe doing some of the other great roads on the way (stelvios pass etc)

thanks

ps hopefully for you yuour week off is the second week in october as theres a good trackday on the monday at the ring and two days of spa after, so the place will be busy, or very last weekend of the month is last VLN of the year which is one of the bigger races in VLN
By RSFN2GT
yella wrote:Fuchsrorhe or Burgstube.

the latter tends to be a lot livlier in the evenings

although the lindner cottages are great if your going with a large group and cna work out a lot cheaper than guesthouses as you can have people sleeping on the floor......lol
Those cottages are epic, though most of the drives are not suited for modded cars!

Fuchsrhore for me in August..
By SeanEP3
yella wrote:

thanks

ps hopefully for you yuour week off is the second week in october as theres a good trackday on the monday at the ring and two days of spa after, so the place will be busy, or very last weekend of the month is last VLN of the year which is one of the bigger races in VLN

Was lookin to go on the 7th Oct. Will i still be able to get on track if it's a busy week?
By SeanEP3
Nice. Was hoping to travel on the Sunday, looking at them dates, I'm probably better traveling on the saturday, driving ring Sunday, watch the action Monday, then two days travelling home.

Sound like a plan?
By Mark83
SeanEP3 wrote:
yella wrote:

thanks

Was lookin to go on the 7th Oct. Will i still be able to get on track if it's a busy week?
I'll be there that weekend (leaving Saturday) and then on the trackdays at the Ring and Spa. You're welcome to passenger with us on the trackday.
By SeanEP3
really? that would be ideal! count me in!
By yella
SeanEP3 wrote:Nice. Was hoping to travel on the Sunday, looking at them dates, I'm probably better traveling on the saturday, driving ring Sunday, watch the action Monday, then two days travelling home.

Sound like a plan?

go saturday defo.

i would sort booking your hotel now, the usual ones are mostly booked already as that track day on the monday is packed. Somewhere like blau ecke is good, nice bar too, and you can book online

http://www.blaueecke.de/start/

i'm on the track day so your welcome for a lap as the civic should be done by then,
By yella
Mark83 wrote:I'll be there that weekend (leaving Saturday) and then on the trackdays at the Ring and Spa. You're welcome to passenger with us on the trackday.
any chance of a pax on the Spa day,
By Mark83
yella wrote:
Mark83 wrote:I'll be there that weekend (leaving Saturday) and then on the trackdays at the Ring and Spa. You're welcome to passenger with us on the trackday.
Sure. Me an a mate are sharing the day so will be either in his car or whatever I buy.
By SeanEP3
reckon 3 nights will be enough? i wanna go on a bit of a road trip home, so sat, sunday, monday.

would i need one more?
By RSFN2GT
Mark83 wrote:
yella wrote:
Sure. Me an a mate are sharing the day so will be either in his car or whatever I buy.
You want to see the back end of my teg again at spa? Ha ha.

Quite tempted by these track days tbh.

Any links to them ?
By yella
SeanEP3 wrote:reckon 3 nights will be enough? i wanna go on a bit of a road trip home, so sat, sunday, monday.

would i need one more?
as a taster that may be enough, i can;t really say as only you will know.

but you can do spa on the way home on the tuesday
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]