The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By SeanEP3
anyone done this track? thoughts?

im off that week, so it might be a good time to break my cherry.

£169, 101db limit. Open Pit. GT Circuit which is 4.1miles.

thanks in advance
By dcep3
I've done it twice, both times were nearer winter though.

It's good, it's not an airfield circuit it just happens to be on the site of an airfield but the track is all purpose built so ignore any people moaning that it's an airfield.

It's well run and as the track is so big that you shouldn't have a problem with traffic. The track is pretty wide and there is grass run off and no armco so not much chance of damage to your car (i've only seen 2 people spin and neither even left the track or caused a stoppage).

I would say it's a perfect track to have your first trackday.
By SeanEP3
that was exactly what i was hoping to hear.

was watching someones video in a thread a bit further down, and it looks like a decent track. this might be the one!

thanks

Sean
By dcep3
I've done it in November and February, both times it was £100 and there was never a wait to get on track, dry weather both times too. I couldn't have asked for a better intro to trackdays
By yella
great track, just make sure your ok on noise reg as they are tight and if you trigger a drive by its day over no second chance as they have had such shite with the local council,
By SeanEP3
yeah that would suck! im running a DC mani, Spoon midpipe and OEM box. probably the quietest i can get with my set up!

might drive over one sunday and ask them to check
By dcep3
One thing I noticed last time I was there is they have cones marking the turn in point and apex of each corner, it's like free tuition :-D
By EPGhost
SeanEP3 wrote:anyone else on?
I'm still up for this one, waiting for next payday though as money hasn't fallen right, already booked the day off at work lol.
I'm at Donington tomorrow which unfortunately looks to be a wet one!
By SeanEP3
be good to have a few CTR's there.

got some small jobs booked in at TGM so the car should be running well on the day
By EPGhost
SeanEP3 wrote:be good to have a few CTR's there.

got some small jobs booked in at TGM so the car should be running well on the day
Got my confirmation today :-D Lets hope for decent weather! Liking the look of the track, mega runoff so I'm going to really go for it haha
Did you book a garage? I've got booked one.
By SeanEP3
I didn't bother. Might give them a call and see if there is any left.

I'm not taking much, spare full size wheel, oil, water and basic tools. That's about it.

Everything on my car has decided to creak and knock in the run up. So booked In with TGM for a sort out and service before hand!
By EPGhost
No worries just stick it all in mine there's usually plenty of room. Donington you could near enough fit two cars in haha
Typical isn't it? Hopefully it's nothing serious. Got a few bits to do myself, not long to go though!
By dcep3
There are plenty of garages and only a couple have ever been booked when I've been so I'm sure you'll find free space. There a big single area just with individual doors too so there would be room to put things somewhere.

And there might be run off but there are some big drain covers poking out of the grass so I'd be careful, the track is wide though so you may well not go off even if you spin, I haven't seen anyone leave the track there.
By SeanEP3
Cool. Sounds good!

Hopefully I won't be leaving the track anyway! Haha
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]