The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By SeanEP3
apologies if there is a topic like this already.

but what does it cost for an "average" track day?

ignore things like getting to track etc.

but sign on, insurance, fuel, consumables.

are you going need to replace bits after a track day etc?

just put a depost on a new car that is begging for some track action, and wanted to know.

Sean
By Mark83
For me...

Trackday - £0-£699, depends where I go.
Insurance - £0
Fuel - £70

Everything else gets grouped in with general running costs. Tyre wear isn't excessive. In my Clio; I've done 9000 miles on my current Continental Sport Contact 3s including three trackdays and there's still plenty of life in them after rotation. My brakes also lasted the same 9000 miles before needed changing.
By SeanEP3
wow, wheres £700?!?

im a total novice, so you think i could do a normal track day drive there and drive home? only needing fuel and entry?

have decent tyres, discs, pads, lines & fluid already. so i shouldnt ruin any of them?
By Mark83
SeanEP3 wrote:wow, wheres £700?!?

im a total novice, so you think i could do a normal track day drive there and drive home? only needing fuel and entry?

have decent tyres, discs, pads, lines & fluid already. so i shouldnt ruin any of them?
That was a privately hired Nurburging GP and Nordscheife several years. Epic trackday. I'm at Rockingham next weekend for £135 and Spa in 3 weeks for £250 so the majority are a lot cheaper.

Easily. I've done that on almost every trackday.

I don't know what your driving style is like. I'm not the last of the late brakers and I'm fairly smooth so I'm sympathic on tyres and brakes. It's about having fun, not trying to break your car.
By SeanEP3
privately hired 'ring! sounds awesome!

no idea what my driving style would be on track, i would imagine late hard braking, lots of tyre squeal, generally untidy! haha.

you have any recommendations on a good beginner circuit?
By Mark83
SeanEP3 wrote:privately hired 'ring! sounds awesome!

no idea what my driving style would be on track, i would imagine late hard braking, lots of tyre squeal, generally untidy! haha.

you have any recommendations on a good beginner circuit?
You're near me so I would recommend Silverstone as it's a F1 circuit with acres of run off and safe. Bedford Autodrome is also novice friendly with not much to hit should you get it wrong and go grass cutting. I did my first trackday at Brands Hatch and enjoyed that.
By SeanEP3
Thanks for your input. I'll have a look at them two venues as they are not far at all.

Sean
By Mark83
trancem wrote:That's awesome to hear. Never done a trackday and would love to, so it's good to hear that I should be able to drive back home!
It seems to be a common misconception that you can't just turn up, drive on track, then drive home without needing new tyres and brakes. One of the guys in my team at work who is itching to do first trackday didn't believe me when I told him what actually happens as his mates, who had never been on a trackday, had told him otherwise.
By haitch
Get yourself signed up on the HOT forum, great place to start out for beginners, especially as its Hondas only on the majority of trackdays, lots of events to choose from. We have a novice only evening at Brands Hatch in June if you dont get out before then :cool:
By SeanEP3
I will def get myself on HOT. Hopefully see you soon!

Sean
By dcep3
I don't drive too fast as my car is still a daily driver, my last trackday cost £100 + 1 tank of fuel. Tyre wear was minimal
By brenscivic
if you now have a jrsc set up then expect to use £130 of fuel for the day...i do every time :lol:
By SeanEP3
lol really? sh*t! lol

was on HOT last night. saw the brans hatch in june for total novices on a monday evening, which looks good.

might try get one earlyier though as i have the itch!

Sean
By haitch
Yeh its a long time to wait, you could check other organisers for novice events, or wait and see if people here are going on one earlier? Any event will do if you are a confident driver and have the itch :cool:

My first event was at Goodwood with Easytrack, didnt know any other drivers at the start, still had a great day :salut:
By Bower
m1ke wrote:3k.
:lol: Was expecting a sarky comment like that after your trackday experience, my first trackday wasn't cheap either but its all good fun [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]