The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By geordieboy83
haitch wrote:
EpicCTR wrote:If you want to take it semi seriously, the absolute best thing you could do is pay for a bit of race tuition when your at the circuit. Not sure on prices but you basically hire a pro driver to sit with you and tell you how to drive properly on circuit. Very helpful if your new to it all. You'll shed more seconds off of your lap times by using these guys than what you ever will by modifying your car :bigthumb:
Trackday tuition is normally £20-30 for 15-20 minutes, one session is usually enough for most, especially if you are new to trackdays, its a lot to take in, along with everything else happening on the day. Get one for the morning then if you feel like it get another in the afternoon.
I would not waste money on race tuition if you are new - this is usually half or a full day, you need the basics to make full use of it. Better to do a few events, have some fun, see how the car behaves & holds up.

HOT events are very good for beginners and experienced drivers, driving standards are much better than a typical mixed day, lots of time & space, flags and hold ups are very rare. We have a section in the 'Track Chat' part of the forum that is very helpful to first timers, titled 'First trackday questions/answers', lots of threads in there to help get started :smile:
Awesome cheers again everybody for your help guys :bigthumb:
By gobbledygook
geordieboy83 wrote:Yeah your right mate I will take it easy just don't wanna look like a complete pleb at the back of the queue, but I'd rather that than look like a pleb ploughing into a wall. Just want to enjoy the car for what it is really. And yeah I can imagine there will always be twats but I won't let them encourage me to be like them. Love my civic to much to risk it.
Something to remember is that most people do 1 or more warm up laps before thrashing the car for 15mins, then 1 or more cool down laps before a 10 min break in the pits. That means that if it takes you a while to build up confidence and gain speed its no problem - any car coming past you will just think you are on a warmup or cool down lap so no one will think you are a pleb.
By geordieboy83
gobbledygook wrote:
geordieboy83 wrote:Yeah your right mate I will take it easy just don't wanna look like a complete pleb at the back of the queue, but I'd rather that than look like a pleb ploughing into a wall. Just want to enjoy the car for what it is really. And yeah I can imagine there will always be twats but I won't let them encourage me to be like them. Love my civic to much to risk it.
Something to remember is that most people do 1 or more warm up laps before thrashing the car for 15mins, then 1 or more cool down laps before a 10 min break in the pits. That means that if it takes you a while to build up confidence and gain speed its no problem - any car coming past you will just think you are on a warmup or cool down lap so no one will think you are a pleb.
Nice one didn't think of that mate cheers for the heads up. Is it normal to brick it before your first track day because I like to lick cows udders and I been meaning to do it for 2 years now but nerves get better of me. Time to man up I think :beer:
By gobbledygook
geordieboy83 wrote:Nice one didn't think of that mate cheers for the heads up. Is it normal to brick it before your first track day because I like to lick cows udders and I been meaning to do it for 2 years now but nerves get better of me. Time to man up I think :beer:
I've done a few and had a lot of nerves before the first one - like you I didn't know what to expect. After a few laps you will absolutely love it, and by the end of the day you will be planning your next one!
By Mart
Any track it doesn't really matter. Other than your car breaking the only reason you would end up going off is because you went beyond your abilities.
By Ronnie
You Northeast based mate? If so a croft quiet day (standard exhaust needed) will be nice and gentle and only 10 cars per session, tuition available too. Tends to be a more relaxed day on the quiet days and as ive found at every trackday ive been too everyone is friendly.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]