The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By leetec
pulpmelon_r wrote:Is crail just a regular concrete type surface?

I think a fair 'wet weight' for an ep3 is about 1260kg
Ye just like tryin to race on a normal public road. Its crap but the problem is its the only one anywhere near here

So I'm not doin to great with my 1180kgs with th back end stripped and no air con
By T180985
get the sound deadening removed from behind the dash which should save you 10kg, plus swap out the front seats with some light weight buckets and only run 1 seat when you race which will save you another 25-30kg :thumbup:
By pulpmelon_r
Let me know if this is realistic!

Slim fast plan =

rear seats -20kg
spare wheel & tools -10kg
aircon - 15kg
race battery -10kg
and swap front seats for buckets - 20kg

Should be around 1175kg 'wet' in the end ??
By dc5tu
The best I managed a few months ago in my JRSC DC5 was 13.6 @107mph.

That was with worn RE040s, BAGS of wheelspin through 1st and 2nd gear and absolutely rubbish launches on a rough concrete surface.
It was run on the runway at my work and at the 60ft mark, the concrete changes to smooth tarmac with a slight drop off causing the wheels to spin up again.
Also, the timing wasn't an official rig, run by straightliners. So who knows how accurate it is.

I am at around 340bhp (285whp) with full interior.

A Few months previous to this, I had my rear end fully stripped and had carbon seats in and it weighed in at 1160kg with me in it.
I'm not sure what it weighs now.
By pulpmelon_r
dc5tu wrote:The best I managed a few months ago in my JRSC DC5 was 13.6 @107mph.

That was with worn RE040s, BAGS of wheelspin through 1st and 2nd gear and absolutely rubbish launches on a rough concrete surface.
It was run on the runway at my work and at the 60ft mark, the concrete changes to smooth tarmac with a slight drop off causing the wheels to spin up again.
Also, the timing wasn't an official rig, run by straightliners. So who knows how accurate it is.

I am at around 340bhp (285whp) with full interior.

A Few months previous to this, I had my rear end fully stripped and had carbon seats in and it weighed in at 1160kg with me in it.
I'm not sure what it weighs now.
Sounds like you need some slicks to hook up with all that power!
By pulpmelon_r
I want to try out the Federal RSR next, N&N and a few of the other senior members rate them very highly.

Does the clutch start to play a bigger role when running semi/full slicks??
By dc5tu
Yeah I've read some rave reviews, and I can get a set of 4 in 215/45/17 fitment for under £400!!
No-brainer IMHO!

The clutch is obviously going to take more load with slicks/semi's as it will take more force to break traction.
I have a competition clutches stage 1 in mine anyhow.

I think with my car stripped of interior trim, with semi's at Pod, 12s are easily achieved.
I think it's achievable with trim too.
We shall see ;)
By T180985
personally i didnt find my R888 semi slicks help a huge amount with traction off the line its still really easy to spin the wheels, compared to proper drag slicks anyway. in fact i managed to spin the wheels in 4th gear when the nitrous kicked in when running R888s :lol:
By pulpmelon_r
T180985 wrote:personally i didnt find my R888 semi slicks help a huge amount with traction off the line its still really easy to spin the wheels, compared to proper drag slicks anyway. in fact i managed to spin the wheels in 4th gear when the nitrous kicked in when running R888s :lol:
What RPM where you launching at??
By pulpmelon_r
I have no where near the kind of tyre shredding torque you boost boys have!

I'm finding 2700RPM launches well on street tyres N/A, Just need to get mapped and hit the track now.
By T180985
impressive run from an n/a car! did it say how much weight had been stripped?

surprising the difference an aggressive diff, clutch & set of slicks (& and skinny wheels for the back) make to drag times
By pulpmelon_r
Yeah I bet that RSX was gutted out totally to run that fast.

We have been talking alot about reducing weight to hit times, but were are you guys getting your vehicles weighed?
By andy18s
I'm on the verge with a 13.05, with k24, 75hp shot on r888's at 1195kg's excl driver.
Full interior as we have this stupid rule where if you pull the seats, you get bumped up a class :scratch:

Would love to break into the 12's, but it looks like I'm going to have to run some 15" slicks to get It right as our track really sucks traction wise.

For the guys spraying... What gear are you engaging the nos?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]