The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By eatthis
EP3crew wrote:
eatthis wrote:
EP3crew wrote:BHP is what power the engine is making & Torque is pulling power...

I havnt had my car on the rollers after the new setup but im sure im in the region of 270-280ftlb torque...

Its crazy the way it pulls :-D had a blast with my mates 434bhp Evo 8 from 2nd gear rolling start i was beating him nicely thanks to the torque... :-D

that post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and is total horsesh1t
Which part dont you understand & what you trying to call horse sh*t... ??

bhp is power? define power its a vague and potentially misleading point at best
torque is pulling power? theres that word power again hp and torque are 2 different things yet you use the same word to describe both. also define pulling?

you claim you beat an evo that has 434 hp because of your torque????? (i dont doubt you beat him btw) this just doesnt make any sense at all because i garauntee you that evo has ALOT more torque than you do (my guess would be at least 400 lb ft) i know why you would beat it and have actually stated why in this thread but i think you dont understand what torque and hp are and how they work
By EP3crew
eatthis wrote:
EP3crew wrote:
eatthis wrote:
EP3crew wrote:BHP is what power the engine is making & Torque is pulling power...

I havnt had my car on the rollers after the new setup but im sure im in the region of 270-280ftlb torque...

Its crazy the way it pulls :-D had a blast with my mates 434bhp Evo 8 from 2nd gear rolling start i was beating him nicely thanks to the torque... :-D

that post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and is total horsesh1t
Which part dont you understand & what you trying to call horse sh*t... ??

bhp is power? define power its a vague and potentially misleading point at best
torque is pulling power? theres that word power again hp and torque are 2 different things yet you use the same word to describe both. also define pulling?

you claim you beat an evo that has 434 hp because of your torque????? (i dont doubt you beat him btw) this just doesnt make any sense at all because i garauntee you that evo has ALOT more torque than you do (my guess would be at least 400 lb ft) i know why you would beat it and have actually stated why in this thread but i think you dont understand what torque and hp are and how they work

Nos gives a car loads of Torque thats why there is no lag when you hit the switch no hanging back your gone...

In reality yea torque is turning force i know that but what i ment by torque is pulling power is if you got torque your going to pull away fast if no torque your going to be strugling to pull away fast...

& where i mentioned i beat my mates Evo 2nd gear rolling i did... He had lag with his 434bhp where as there is NO lag with nos... & ofcourse from the 1st gear the Evo is faster...
By danneth
T180985 wrote:
danneth wrote:a 300bhp type-r beats a 430bhp evo?
there was a top gear episode where their resonable priced car beat the FQ-400 for a short while because of the epic turbo lag?
but i was under the impressions they wanted to show you the turbo lag hence no gear change? ;)
By EP3crew
The Evo & many other Turbo cars suffer from lag... NOS doesnt have lag hit the switch & your gone...

Not just that the CTR doesnt weight as much as alot big car with Turbo's etc so weight is a big disadvantage like the lag...

Next time im out racing something with over 400bhp i'll try get it on video & you can see for yourself...
By danneth
EP3crew wrote:
The Evo & many other Turbo cars suffer from lag... NOS doesnt have lag hit the switch & your gone...

Not just that the CTR doesnt weight as much as alot big car with Turbo's etc so weight is a big disadvantage like the lag...

Next time im out racing something with over 400bhp i'll try get it on video & you can see for yourself...

With the greatest respect your telling me about things i really know about, yes the evo's have some lag but even so not enough to start losing rolling races with a much slower car, im guessing for it to be 430bhp its modded mapped etc so are you telling me its been tuned to be laggy? ;)
By eatthis
pulpmelon_r wrote:As long as the evo driver doesnt learn how to brake boost!
not heard of that is it heel and toe to keep the turbo spooled?

and ep3 the evo is beside the point iv tried to exlain what torque is and what bhp is youv avoided most of my points
ps as i stated in my prev post if you say you beat the evo i beleive you
You just hit the gas and the brakes at the same time while rolling to spin up the turbo, then you hold it till peak boost on your gauge & your ready to run (or your brakes melt :lol: )

Whens the next RWYB at York? I'm itching to see wht numbers I can run with cams.
By jreedy
i cant see a 300 bhp type r touching a 434 bhp evo to be honest let alone pulling away from one,

my superchaged civic was definately quicker than a evo fq 320 that my friends got, not by a lot but i could slowly but surely pull away from him once we was rolling!

i've been out in a 500 bhp evo 6 tommi makkinen and fcuk me that thing was stupidly quick, it had a big scremer pipe off of the turbo..............it sounded like a turbo'd hayabusa :twisted:
T180985 wrote:
there was a top gear episode where their resonable priced car beat the FQ-400 for a short while because of the epic turbo lag?
The Evo was in 6th at something like 1500 revs though. That's turbo lag to the extreme!
By EP3crew
danneth wrote:
EP3crew wrote:

With the greatest respect your telling me about things i really know about, yes the evo's have some lag but even so not enough to start losing rolling races with a much slower car, im guessing for it to be 430bhp its modded mapped etc so are you telling me its been tuned to be laggy? ;)

God knows how it has been mapped he got it from scotland as it is...
By EP3crew
jreedy wrote:i cant see a 300 bhp type r touching a 434 bhp evo to be honest let alone pulling away from one,

my superchaged civic was definately quicker than a evo fq 320 that my friends got, not by a lot but i could slowly but surely pull away from him once we was rolling!

i've been out in a 500 bhp evo 6 tommi makkinen and fcuk me that thing was stupidly quick, it had a big scremer pipe off of the turbo..............it sounded like a turbo'd hayabusa :twisted:
My car made 300BHP on the old NOS set up since then its had the new Y block set up & moves alot more better then what it was at 300bhp... Havnt had the time to get it back on the RR but i know its over 300bhp now...

Iv driven & been in supercharged ctr's but NOS its a different ball game... You guys must think im chatting crap on here like i said next time im racing something fast i'll get it on video & show you...

If anyone of you really wants to know how quick it is ask Paul at TDI North he has been in it whilst on NOS... :-D
By tuf
pulpmelon_r wrote:You just hit the gas and the brakes at the same time while rolling to spin up the turbo, then you hold it till peak boost on your gauge & your ready to run (or your brakes melt :lol: )

Whens the next RWYB at York? I'm itching to see wht numbers I can run with cams.
Are you cammed up now, prayoonto???? :shock: :cool:
What figures is it pushing out regarding to torque and bhp, graph would be cool
By tuf
EP3crew wrote:
jreedy wrote:i cant see a 300 bhp type r touching a 434 bhp evo to be honest let alone pulling away from one,

My car made 300BHP on the old NOS set up since then its had the new Y block set up & moves alot more better then what it was at 300bhp... Havnt had the time to get it back on the RR but i know its over 300bhp now...

Iv driven & been in supercharged ctr's but NOS its a different ball game... You guys must think im chatting crap on here like i said next time im racing something fast i'll get it on video & show you...

If anyone of you really wants to know how quick it is ask Paul at TDI North he has been in it whilst on NOS... :-D
I think seeing/experiencing how insanely fast my 380bhp felt to me, 300bhp on nos with instant power with nos im guessing should be pretty quick.

Like pulpmelon_r said, brake boosting on turbo cars is alot of fun :twisted: , warped brake discs on mine due to it so soon went back to the laggy way of doing things :oops: :lol:
By EP3crew
alan83 wrote:
EP3crew wrote:You guys must think im chatting crap on here
Well......... Not as if you have a reputation for it :lol:
I think its you thats on the nos not the car. :wink:
Haha very funny...
By EP3crew
tuf wrote:
EP3crew wrote:

I think seeing/experiencing how insanely fast my 380bhp felt to me, 300bhp on nos with instant power with nos im guessing should be pretty quick.

Like pulpmelon_r said, brake boosting on turbo cars is alot of fun :twisted: , warped brake discs on mine due to it so soon went back to the laggy way of doing things :oops: :lol:
It is very quick on Nos... No lag no & hanging around its all business when i hit the switch... :-D

The lads who havnt used Nos wouldnt know what to expect or what it can do so in all fairness you cant say your car cant beat a 400bhp car etc... Any one up my end want to go for a spin on Nos let me know that way you would know what nos is about... :-D
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]