The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
TDi-North wrote:Supercharged record smashed by a setup that has been debated for years as being inferior to the Jackson Supercharger on the drag strip by many and a 9 second Turbo EP3, both running on supermarket fuel and no nitrous. Even have all their original windows.

Not too bad for someone who just copy and pastes base maps if you believe everything you read posted here. ;)

TDi North Powertuning FTW!
Just how fast do YOU want to go??? ;)
TP do me a favour and stop the sarcastic comments....
The Rotrex has only ever been questioned due to the fact that people have seen huge dyno graphs and then all the ones i have been in or seen have not run the kind of numbers you would expect (for whatever reason)......
Also the cars you are discussing are completely different one has a built motor and the other doesnt, so i woul expect the built motor to be running more power... also the particualr charger set ups are completely different....
Also the whole NOS thing is tiring if people want to run NOS WTF does it matter you judge a car on how it performs in full there a hundreds of mods that go into running good times and then there is the driver, track and every other little detail ......
Come on mate you guys are doing well at the moment so there really is not need to keep acting like a child.... oh and the thing you did to Karl earlier was not only unsportman like but was disrespectful....

Back on topic well done Dougie good to see you back out bud.....
Well done TDI on the Win see you all at Jap Show
Neil - my post is nothing to do with cars or people running today.

Turn the clock back a few years to the massive rows in the engine build section between Richard, Tarticus, Seano and Dan Ferrett. It got people banned and they still are today. Pages and pages in why the Rotrex would never beat a Jackson on the 1/4 mile.

We have continued to champion the Rotrex system as you well know in many competition cars with good results but still we get snipes at the systems and my mapping ability. It hurts.
As discussed. We run a business. People post things up others read and may believe them. To those people the forums are a bit of harmless fun but to people like ourselves, Guy, Romain it out livelihood.

Things have happened in the past between TDi North and certain individuals but that's water under the bridge.
Are we wrong though to celebrate a car we have worked solid in for days doing well and not only setting a new record but winning a race event?

No!

We aren't stupid. As soon as the lights went on we knew Dougie had won and So did everyone else there. What we were rightly able to do was celebrate a hard earned win and another good run to back up the new record time.
If the time wasn't done as you know it wouldn't stand!

Now chill out please. ;)
Lets get it all off our chests, the sarcastic comments are never going to stop, at the end of the day it's competition and we all want to be in the winners circle.

Building a customers car, working right through the night and supporting them at the track is the upmost proffesional service anybody could ever ask for IMO. A sharp suit and big words might give the image of a professional but in all honesty it shows nothing for mans charchter, one thing you can count on is the tdi-north team telling it like it is and being the people that we are. No bullsiht - straight up individuals that don't make excuses for acting on how they feel.

I personally will not make any excuses for that.

It was nice spending time with you this weekend Neil but i should say your post is making you look all 'but hurt' because you got beat by a car that never made the power we claimed it made.

:lol: Lets not clean out the closet on a public forum, we all have alot to say on that subject and it only ever goes downhill.

:chug:
bornlucky1 wrote:Loving the competitiveness and the way you guys (both companies) are always pushing development.

Nothing wrong with some healthy competition as it helps push ourselves for that little extra edge.

Keep it coming guys and most of all keep it friendly :thumbup:

Your both highly respectable tuning firms in my book.

Thats how it needs to be, the banta will keep it intersting but slagging matches only ever end up having negative effects on both personal and business relationships .

:angel:
Very well Dougie - I really am pleased for you. It's taken a long time to lay the myth to rest but it took you to deliver the goods.

There was a cheer up at TimeAttack Knockhill in TDi North camp B when we heard what you had done

Honda Rotrex K20 cars first and 3 up here too. Damn VXR pinched second but we will sort that out.

Now TDi Rotrex win on the dyno, road, 1/4 and track - quite simply we rock.

I raised a fondly imagined glass on the M6 on the way back tonght going past Penrirth.

Would have been better to be supping it though.

Seano
Well Seano I went one step further and raised a real glass brimming full of johnnie Walker Blue Label whisky in celebration. It's time for all bitters concerned to pick up their dummys and bottom lips and to look towards a good healthy future for all of the Uk's tuning elite.

Bravo to Dougie and also the lads at TDI north.
^^ :roflmao:

I think we have had years of CPL 1,2,3 at drag events and it gets tiring especially when there are only 3 cars running :lol:

We have a right to be pretty pleased considering the achievement made. Fastest supercharged Honda in Europe.... And going to go an awful lot quicker.

Racings going to be tight this year. 2 big power cars weren't running either.
Can't wait to see Rob out with the Backyard Civic and Richard in his EVO powered FTO.

Cars are coming on a long way from few years ago. :thumbup:
Lou Connor wrote:Lets get it all off our chests, the sarcastic comments are never going to stop, at the end of the day it's competition and we all want to be in the winners circle.

Building a customers car, working right through the night and supporting them at the track is the upmost proffesional service anybody could ever ask for IMO. A sharp suit and big words might give the image of a professional but in all honesty it shows nothing for mans charchter, one thing you can count on is the tdi-north team telling it like it is and being the people that we are. No bullsiht - straight up individuals that don't make excuses for acting on how they feel.

I personally will not make any excuses for that.

It was nice spending time with you this weekend Neil but i should say your post is making you look all 'but hurt' because you got beat by a car that never made the power we claimed it made.

:lol: Lets not clean out the closet on a public forum, we all have alot to say on that subject and it only ever goes downhill.

:chug:
Lou i have no issues about the weekend at all..... I got beat fair and square in a heads up race becasue i had a silly problem.....
Dougies car looks like it has made massive leaps forward and that is testament to the work you guys have put in...

The only reason i posted was because the same things keep comming up time and time again and you say strait up individuals but the conversations at the track are in complete contrast to those that are had on here???

I guess your right though Lou it wil probably never stop so might as well embrace it see you at Japshow lads :thumbup:
Well done dougie, looks like i am going to have to make some changes to keep up with you next round. Still pleased with a 11.82 121mph pb on my first weekend on this set up
And my 60fts all weekend have been shocking just need to get them back to 1.6s and i should run quicker.

As for tdi norths comments.... power is power. weight is weight. It dont matter where it comes from we all have the same rules to follow so aslong as we all stick to those who cares.
Race fuel is not somthing to be ashamed of using if it help keep things safe. After all me neil and cressi use totally stock engines as they come from the factory and its for piece of mind.

obviously alot of time and effort went it to dougie's car and it paid off and it looks to have more to come
Great work Tdi north.

Also well done cressie for running a 10.7 and 10.8 on his cpl turbo set up STOCK ENGINE. Amazin :thumbup:
This is why i will champion TDI in any conversations that i have about building K20's and mapping etc! everytime i have been down the atmosphere is amazing the dedication is spot on etc etc ..... and it wasnt even my car that was getting mapped (will be soonish though)
And to think someone yesterday was implying that i shouldn't go to TDI North and you know the best thing about it ? they have never been themselves :roflmao:
N22NAK wrote:

The only reason i posted was because the same things keep comming up time and time again and you say strait up individuals but the conversations at the track are in complete contrast to those that are had on here???

I guess your right though Lou it wil probably never stop so might as well embrace it see you at Japshow lads :thumbup:
For sure dude, it works both ways. All of the tension and snide comments on the internets didn't come out from either sides this weekend, and it probably never will because it's all to easy to slam the keyboard and blow your lid at somebody. At the track, in person we all know it makes sense to just keep it real and let the cars do battle.

Karl - alot of heart felt comments from you man and it's obvious now that it is water under the bridge, but we did really enjoy seeing that red light :lol: It's just better left unsaid and enjoy the weekend's racing.

Roll on Japshow I look forward to seeing you all again :salut:
Well done Dougie, nice to finally meet you on Saturday and well done to the guys at TDI North, top work.
When TP was texting me through the day with the times etc it was great you guys were having a fun day as well, we certainly did!

See you all soon.
Dave T.
Karl - alot of heart felt comments from you man and it's obvious now that it is water under the bridge, but we did really enjoy seeing that red light :lol: It's just better left unsaid and enjoy the weekend's racing.

Roll on Japshow I look forward to seeing you all again :salut:[/quote]

Lol thanks lou i am still please i drive my car too and from the pod and its a stock motor i dont expect to beat drag only cars with built motors and i was maybe alittle keen to get off the lights as i knew i had to be to stand a good chance of winning but it cost me the race and looking at his 11.2 pass if i got off clean i still would guess i would have been beaten

Dougie should aim to get a 10second pass its gotta be
Thanks for the positive comments guys & a big thanks to all involved for their hardwork& support :thumbup:

Epic wknd no doubt, got to tdi 1/2 9 fri night & worked till 0430 on the car. Three hours sleep in our road car then back on it.

After a few issues were sorted paul mapped it & it sounded mental on the dyno :twisted:

Too run 11.2 straight off the trailer which was intended as a shakedown wknd felt awesome, I was on the limiter over the line & the datalog showed I was on the limiter in every gear :shock: oooops! ( I blame my shiftlight packing in, lol ) rectified it today though.

Car felt more stable than it ever has & pulled like train in every gear, The 11.2 runs were with mid 1.7 60fts. But on two passes did 1.63 & 1.65 60fts but had to abort both runs.

Everythings looking promising & I want to be able to hold my own against the turbo cars with more practice.

Everyone set pb's which was fantastic & can only keep the racing exciting, I for one cant wait for japshow to really put the car through its paces :thumbup:

Dougie
Dougie wrote:Thanks for the positive comments guys & a big thanks to all involved for their hardwork& support :thumbup:

Epic wknd no doubt, got to tdi 1/2 9 fri night & worked till 0430 on the car. Three hours sleep in our road car then back on it.

After a few issues were sorted paul mapped it & it sounded mental on the dyno :twisted:

Too run 11.2 straight off the trailer which was intended as a shakedown wknd felt awesome, I was on the limiter over the line & the datalog showed I was on the limiter in every gear :shock: oooops! ( I blame my shiftlight packing in, lol ) rectified it today though.

Car felt more stable than it ever has & pulled like train in every gear, The 11.2 runs were with mid 1.7 60fts. But on two passes did 1.63 & 1.65 60fts but had to abort both runs.

Everythings looking promising & I want to be able to hold my own against the turbo cars with more practice.

Everyone set pb's which was fantastic & can only keep the racing exciting, I for one cant wait for japshow to really put the car through its paces :thumbup:

Dougie
Makes all the hard work worth it when you turn up and run quicker, well done Dougie and the TDI boys :thumbup:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]