The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By haitch
Back from a fantastic long weekend in Belgium, drove over on some new V70a, two A048's and four wets in the boot as rain was forecast, got the car loaded only to find one of the valves was knackered, a quick fix and we were away. Stayed at a cracking hotel about 3 minutes drive from the circuit, on the Sunday we went to Stavelot as there was a carnival, some people in fancy dress creeping up on the crowds with a sweaty fish on a pole, if you got 'rubbed' it meant luck in money.

Eight hours actual tracktime on the Monday, Spa was epic, we only had about an hours dry track time, it was either damp or wet, changed tyres four times and then a front to back late in the day as my wets must have lost some weights and I had a fair bit of vibration, Eau Rouge is a monster event in the dry but in the wet, hairy! Didnt have my camera on for the fastest session of the day - instruction at one just after lunch, had a tank slapper half way round on the first lap, then overun onto the wet grass for about 50 yards hoping I wasnt going to be spat into the wall, you will see the difference in my lines in the later videos, instruction was excellent, really pushed me on, we passed everything. We did see some other Honda owners who were staying at the Ring, but inbetween my driving, tyre changes and watching my son I didnt get time to chat. Only two stops through the day, very good in the conditions, a Twingo RS and a GT3 casualties. Some photos now, just sifting through the footage :cool:

Last edited by haitch on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
By haitch
First vid now, occasionally I got stuck behind a slower car and a quicker car would then overtake us both, sometimes I got to catch up and have a tussle..

By haitch
BlakMagik wrote:awesome pics dude :thumbup: . Mase was there too i believe..
Cheers mate. Not sure what Mase looks like though.
By Harv
nice pics, i was the fella in the dc5, your first pic. Great day wasn't it :)
By haitch
Harv wrote:nice pics, i was the fella in the dc5, your first pic. Great day wasn't it :)
Certainly a great day mate :cool:
By haitch
Vids now are the first session after my instruction (dry laps and a change of tyres!), excuse my passenger as he was doing his best to hang on, the seatbelt is a touch loose on the passenger side :lol:

Thanks to the instructor note my new line through Eau Rouge (amongst others!) :-D
By Harv
can i post my pics on here? lol just the spa ones, got vids too just trying to convert them now.

By haitch
Great pics Harv, both the Clio cups (old and new shape) were very fast, amongst some other expensive machinery.
By Harv
haitch wrote:Great pics Harv, both the Clio cups (old and new shape) were very fast, amongst some other expensive machinery.
Hasnic destroyed the new shape clio cup in my Dc5, its all on film too. just waiting for him to upload lol

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]