The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
kipps wrote:Just finished loading the car up, I've got a large selection of tools so if anyone needs to borrow anything just give me a shout :thumbup:
There are tools other than duct tape and cable ties? :shock: :lol:

No way I can get out of my meeting tomorrow so have fun!
Well I have some good and bad news... Good news is I can now make it tomorrow :WOOT but the bad news is I can only make it because the car is in the exact same condition I dropped it off in :bad-words: so it's not going to be overly quick as the rear damper needs to be se rock hard so the tyres don't rub and is raised a good 1cm higher than the front and needs the geometry checking aswell :sad:
Thats good news Tony, did I hear you have a couple of those mini cam's? If so can I borrow one to do a bit of footage if possible?

So what needs doing to the car then? If it just needs lifting up, and a bit more - camber put on the rear we can do that at the track in 15 mins and get it pretty close on. Front is a different ball game though.

I'll bring some tools anyway, just bring your C-spanner if you want to do the above...
By kipps
Carlos420uk wrote: I'll bring some tools anyway, just bring your C-spanner if you want to do the above...

I've got enough tools to remove the engine if needed :lol: Probably overkill but rather that than need something havn't brought.
Will be setting off shortly so see you all there
Basically my roll cage was supposed to be welded in but it hasnt been & the rear arches needed to be rolled as the rear tyres rub, cant really adjust ride height without getting the arches rolled as it destroys the tryes :sad:

thanks anyway guys :salut:

will do a few laps and see how the car feels tomorrow, think i might need to rotate the wheels aswell thinking about it now :lol:
Carlos420uk wrote:
haitch wrote:I rolled my arches the other day with some pliers and a wrench :-D
:lol: I prefer a rolling pin and hairdryer..
:lol: if i had a decent garage i wouldnt mind having a go myself, looking forward to tomorrow now! although wish i had sorted a hotel for tonite rather than driving up in the morning. hopefully traffic isnt to bad

edit: do we need the paper and photo licence or can we just bring the photo licence?

edit2: yea if i can find both of the cams you can borrow one :thumbup:
Well back from my silverstone exploits

Good Points - forum members /cars/ driving
Bad points - poor driving by numpties. front brakes judder like a juddery thing and rear pads are toast!

Really good to meet you guys, everyone seemed really sound :thumbup:

Apologies for not being mega chatty but was a bit pissed off with car. What a racket all the way home (2hrs) the rear pads were that worn the wear indicator was rubbing onthe disc tong, ting, ting all the way home. :bad-words:

Rear discs are badly scored as well, anyone know how thin the discs can be before you need new ones, wonder if I can skim the rears as well as the fronts Or do I need to buy new rear discs?
By kipps
Mark83 wrote: Hands up who bought a tarmac stage tyre to a trackday and killed it :lol:
It was me :oops:
Obviously didn't have enough pressure in the tyre for the morning session, Inside of both fronts had 'rubbed' against the struts when cornering and that was the result :lol: Was recording when it happened - Will post up the vid tomorrow
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]