The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By Mart
If you're umming and arring about dates Tony/Haitch etc, you could try a poll.
List all tracks that are suitable for the poll bit, then the list of dates of each track in the thread. That way you might get a good idea of what fits :smile:

Like:

Pick one
*Knockhill
*Mallory
*Donny

Knockhill
1st May
1st June

Mallory
2nd May
2nd June

Etc
By haitch
Good shout. The better tracks are hardly ever available on the weekend and if they are, sell out real quick, Im off to Spa in April with HOT :-D , not looked immediately after, but ahead a bit.

Croft Friday July 22nd with HOT, 20 min sessions.

Donny Saturday August 27th with Bookatrack, open pit.

Not sure I fancy Mallory yet, but Rocky has the banking section as well, best to buy a full sump right from the off!

Roll the poll! :cool:
By haitch
The majority are okay for a first timer if you drive at your own pace, its more who you go with, there can be some real idiots on mixed days. HOT makes a great first time out, friendly people who give you time and space.
By T180985
haitch wrote:The majority are okay for a first timer if you drive at your own pace, its more who you go with, there can be some real idiots on mixed days. HOT makes a great first time out, friendly people who give you time and space.
one of the reasons i was trying to get a bit of a CTRO group together, would be good opportunity for some track noobs to do their first day with some sensible CTRO members :wink:

please theres a few cars on here i would love to see out on track, one being Haitchs which looks v impressive :salut:
By Carlos420uk
As long as it's not 100's of miles away from the midlands i'll 100% book in and come along to this (Where ever we decide to go)

I'd be up for Snetterton, Silverstone (GP or International), Combe, Oulton park or whatever.

Tony just send me a pm when it's fully decided and i'll book in :thumbup:

House buy nearly sorted, so can get back on with some fun soon :WOOT
By kipps
Im game for any of the dates really ( As long as its not stupid money )

Any chance we could avoid session'd days ? Open pit lane is alot better :thumbup:
By T180985
kipps wrote:Im game for any of the dates really ( As long as its not stupid money )

Any chance we could avoid session'd days ? Open pit lane is alot better :thumbup:
if we get enough people interested we could just hire the track just for us :lol:

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/track/track-hire/

all the dates ive chosen are open pitlane :thumbup: im not a massive fan of sessioned days either
By Mark83
kipps wrote: Any chance we could avoid session'd days ? Open pit lane is alot better :thumbup:
This. I won't be remotely interested in a sessioned trackday.

Good luck sorting this, herding cats springs to mind :lol:
By Mart
Newannaive wrote:
Mark83 wrote:Good luck sorting this, herding cats springs to mind :lol:
Oulton worked... :cool:
How the fook did it work though. :scratch:
One minute it was Mark, with me and you umming, next minute loads were on it. We never even advertised it either.

It would be really cool to get another day like that going again.
By Mark83
Mart wrote:
Newannaive wrote:
Mark83 wrote:Good luck sorting this, herding cats springs to mind :lol:
Oulton worked... :cool:
How the fook did it work though. :scratch:
One minute it was Mark, with me and you umming, next minute loads were on it. We never even advertised it either.
I was thinking this but didn't say it :lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]