The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hints and Tips for all things Track Day and 1/4 mile.
By nige t
Just a few photo's from my Lotus Exige driving Thrill at Silverstone last Saturday :cool:
Image]
Last edited by nige t on Sat May 23, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I had another trip to Silverstone a couple of weeks ago,this time to do the Renaultsport Hothatch Experience.
Brilliant day out,loved it :cool:
Started off with five laps in the Clio 200
Then five laps in the Megane 250.
Finishing off with a mad lap courtesy of Ewan Hankey.
Last edited by nige t on Sat May 23, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By nige t
Did another driving experience a week ago,this time at Brands Hatch.Grim weather but great fun in the Arbarth 500.
By nige t
I did another track day a couple of weeks ago with Finishline at Snetterton.
Great day,awesome track and loads of laps in the Clio. 8-)
By wHAmEz
That a raider? Very nice!
By nige t
wHAmEz wrote:That a raider? Very nice!
Yes it is 8-)
By BatCat
I had a track day at Oulton Park last summer in a GTR - two lots of 4 laps, didn't want to drive anything else they had (Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren, AML ) this summer, it's the turn of my newly acquired FN2... :P

By wHAmEz
nige t wrote:
Yes it is 8-)
lovely looking car! I nearly bought one on this exact colour about a year ago
By nige t
[quote="BatCat"]I had a track day at Oulton Park last summer in a GTR - two lots of 4 laps, didn't want to drive anything else they had (Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren, AML ) this summer, it's the turn of my newly acquired FN2... :P

Awesome the GTR is next on my list to get on track. :twisted:
When are you taking your FN2 on track and where?
By nige t
wHAmEz wrote:
nige t wrote:
Yes it is 8-)
Yes great car, only had it for eight months,but found I missed my CTR so traded it in against a Mugen 200.
By wHAmEz
nige t wrote:
wHAmEz wrote:
nige t wrote:
Yes it is 8-)
Yes great car, only had it for eight months,but found I missed my CTR so traded it in against a Mugen 200.
that was the exact reason I didn't buy it I knew I would miss not buying another Honda. I was looking at a Mazda 3 MPS and a STI hatch also but ended up buying a 10 year old civic! Which my wife wasn't too pleased with as she drives it daily and she has that 'new cars are better' attitude haha! She's wrong. It only had 15k miles on it when I bought it last year which I used to my advantage[emoji106]
By nige t
[/quote] that was the exact reason I didn't buy it I knew I would miss not buying another Honda. I was looking at a Mazda 3 MPS and a STI hatch also but ended up buying a 10 year old civic! Which my wife wasn't too pleased with as she drives it daily and she has that 'new cars are better' attitude haha! She's wrong. It only had 15k miles on it when I bought it last year which I used to my advantage[emoji106][/quote]
WOW! ten year old CTR with 15K on the clock :D
Do you have a thread on your car?
By wHAmEz
WOW! ten year old CTR with 15K on the clock :D
Do you have a thread on your car?[/quote] [WINKING FACE] I don't. I've been meaning to. I haven't done much to it. Engine is stock. Lowering springs, bolts arms, frsu, stoptec discs, pads and braided hoses. That's everything I've done. Tempted to go the exhuast, intake etc but at the same time I want to keep it stock. I've just clocked on to 20k miles coming up to a year of owning it.
By nige t
I don't. I've been meaning to. I haven't done much to it. Engine is stock. Lowering springs, bolts arms, frsu, stoptec discs, pads and braided hoses. That's everything I've done. Tempted to go the exhuast, intake etc but at the same time I want to keep it stock. I've just clocked on to 20k miles coming up to a year of owning it.[/quote]

Get a thread started :)
By wHAmEz
nige t wrote:I don't. I've been meaning to. I haven't done much to it. Engine is stock. Lowering springs, bolts arms, frsu, stoptec discs, pads and braided hoses. That's everything I've done. Tempted to go the exhuast, intake etc but at the same time I want to keep it stock. I've just clocked on to 20k miles coming up to a year of owning it.
Get a thread started :)[/quote] if I've time I'll get to work on it over the weekend [THUMBS UP SIGN]
By BatCat
nige t wrote:
BatCat wrote:I had a track day at Oulton Park last summer in a GTR - two lots of 4 laps, didn't want to drive anything else they had (Lambo, Ferrari, McLaren, AML ) this summer, it's the turn of my newly acquired FN2... :P

Awesome the GTR is next on my list to get on track. :twisted:
When are you taking your FN2 on track and where?
The GTR was fantastic, glad I opted for the extra laps as I didn't do it justice in the first session, Oulton Park is just a sequence of hill crests and corners flying at you (the relatively straight sections down to the hairpin and back weren't included in the track day circuit) so maybe not the wisest choice for my first track day, but the GTR is such an easy drive I got it flying in the second session. I went with these guys http://racing-school.co.uk/ the instructor I had was great and the whole thing was very well organised.

I'm taking my FN2 to Oulton Park on 22nd July, it's not far for me to get to and it's an awesome track. The session on the 22nd is for beginners but it is using the full international circuit so really looking forward to it.

Cheers,
David

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]