The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Integra Type R? Come and chat here.
By SuperFLY
yes.

the mounting holes may need elongating slightly but they are the same length.

case in point. my midpipe is a silenced R8BYB one. I had it on my CTR and it is now on my DC5
By FireDance
SuperFLY wrote:yes.

case in point. my midpipe is a silenced R8BYB one. I had it on my CTR and it is now on my DC5

Do you have any videos with sound?!?!
By celica
SuperFLY wrote:yes.

Thanks

Being a bit slow, how does one elongate mounting holes?
By SuperFLY
I don't have any vids no sorry.

I didn't want a loud exhaust but I did want a 2.5" pipe and a tiny bit more noise so the silenced pipe along with a standard backbox was the best option for me :)

it's a tiny bit louder than standard, a bit throatier but completely unobtrusive which is what I wanted.

Basically celica, the mounting bolts are slightly wider on the ITR so the mounting holes on the pipe will need to be elongated/widened/lengthened, however you want to say it, to allow the bolts to fit in flush. The garage will be able to do it in minutes or if you're doing it yourself, offer it up and see what bit you need to shave off and use a large drill bit to shave off the bit you need.

We're talking a couple of mm here.. not a big or complicated job.
By SuperFLY
must be getting old :D

my 1st ctr had an unsilenced version and magnex 6x4 oval backbox and I loved it (although I do remember none of us loving it when I was driving myself and friends home nursing hangovers one halloween many years ago...)

but nowadays its just too loud for me. I tried the silenced pipe and a scorpion backbox and even that was too loud for me so I went back to standard backbox.

tastes change I guess over 10 years
By celica
I agree taste for changes as one gets wiser

Although I read an unsilenced b pipe with oem back box doesn't increase cabin noise by much
By FireDance
celica wrote:I agree taste for changes as one gets wiser

Although I read an unsilenced b pipe with oem back box doesn't increase cabin noise by much

It won't but if you do wish to change to an aftermarket backbox in the future, then the un-silenced one will save you buying twice
By celica
Gone passed that stage of having something really loud

Youtube videos makes the unsilenced loud enough for my liking
So think it would be perfect setup

Alternatively could be tempted with a silenced section with new back box

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]