The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Integra Type R? Come and chat here.
By stayfreejc
I've had a look around for a similar thread but can't find one, so apologies if this has been asked before.

I currently have an EP3 CTR, a wife and two kids. I'm not bothered about having 5 doors as I actually find three perfectly fine. I do however need a bigger boot, but want to stick with type r's if possible. How much room does a DC5 have in the boot compared to an EP3 or FN2? I'd love to get a DC5 but my head is saying an FN2 would be more practical. It will be my only car so it needs to be of a decent size for going on holiday with a couple of suitcases. I know their are other cars out their, but I feel comfortable with Honda's and don't worry about big bills as I would owning a BMW, Audi or Subaru. Any feedback would be awesome as I am really stuck as to what to do.

Cheers :-D
By Wingnuttzz
There is height in the back of the dc5, anyone 5ft5 will have there head on the headlining, literally.

Other than that, not bad. Huge boot.
By FireDance
My kids are 12 & 10.

The boot is epic :bigthumb:

the height in the rear is a slight proble, esp as they need to be in bosster seats for longer than they used to due to the height legislation now. My girlie is not even 5feet but if you hit a bump she bangs here head :lol:

I love my DC5 as a family car, the kids find it more practical that the EP3 as there is more leg room in the back. But don't foregt the seats don't slide forward & back on their own!!!!
By octivich
FireDance » Tue May 20, 2014 11:58 am wrote:My kids are 12 & 10.

the height in the rear is a slight proble, esp as they need to be in bosster seats for longer than they used to due to the height legislation now. My girlie is not even 5feet but if you hit a bump she bangs here head :lol:

I love my DC5 as a family car, the kids find it more practical that the EP3 as there is more leg room in the back. But don't foregt the seats don't slide forward & back on their own!!!!

I'm thinking changing from a ep3 to a dc5, but I'm 6"3 what's the same like in the front? Also do they come with a parcel shelf?
Last edited by octivich on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By yella
DC5 sounds too restrictive for your needs. I'd go for an FN2, plus newer and safer for your family. Boot is pretty much largest in its class, ridiculously big in fact and probably getter a nicer one cheaper than a DC5
By FireDance
octivich wrote:
FireDance » Tue May 20, 2014 11:58 am wrote:My kids are 12 & 10.

I'm thinking changing from a ep3 to a dc5, but I'm 6"3 what's the same like in the front? Also do they come with a parcel shelf?
Parcel shelf is an option so try & get one with it as they are around £150 second hand!

Front is fine I think. The seats are lower than those in the EP3. I am the wrong person to ask as I am 5ft 3 :lol:
By typefern
I know you probably don't want to here this, but the FN2 boot is massive. Even my CMax struggled to beat it. I loved my CW Edition.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]