The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Integra Type R? Come and chat here.
hey everyone im buying a DC5 & its mint condition, everything is perfect for it the he seems genuine but he is selling it & only owned it for two months & is not even taxed :scratch: im buying it at a good price but its just the no tax & owning it for 2months that makes me worry & think is it dogey & something up with it that someone is trying to get rid as its fooked!! this is on the add & just want opinions on what u think? i know u dont know till you found out but its a lot of money to risk & lose. he said i can meet him at his house the lot but im just in two minds.

Description
HONDA INTEGRA TYPE R DC5 - Very Tidy (£6,450)
I have for sale my beautiful 2002 Honda Integra type R DC5 finished off in the most popular and desirable Championship white colour with the red Recaro Interior. The car is in near mint condition with no signs of any accident damage, repairs or any rust etc. All the panels line up as they should do and are also the same shade of white unlike many out there at the minute. This is one of diner examples on the market at the moment.

The interior is also in very good condition and with it being the contrasting red interior this really stands out. All the buttons and switches work as they should including the folding mirrors.

The Mileage on the car at the moment is 80K with FSH since it has been in the country and all the Japanese history / booklets. The car is the cheaper tax bracket (£240 a year) and the MOT expires at the end of April 2013.

Spec:
* 2002 ‘52’ DC5 ITR
* 2.0L i-VTEC DOHC (K20)
* 80K FSH
* HPI Clear
* 6 Speed Gearbox
* Xenon Headlights
* Red Recaro’s, Red door cards and Red Carpet
* Red Genuine Honda Type R Overmats
* Full Electrics (as standard)
* Tinted rear 3 windows
* Air Con
* Brembo Brakes (callipers not faded)
* New front brake pads
* Full stainless steel exhaust with Decat
* Carbon fibre Tegiwa airbox (standard also available)
* Eibach Lowering springs
* Wheels professionally powder coated and wrapped in near new Hankook tyres
* Fully undersealed (unlike alot out there)
* Cobra Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser
* Panasonic Single Din MP3 Player
* Uprated speakers
* Unused Space Saver Spare wheel

The VTEC engages as it should and pulls strongly throughout the rev range producing no smoke. The gear change is also very smooth and does not grind. There was a new Exedy clutch fitted less then 500 miles ago including a gearbox rebuild with new second gear so as you can imagine, the expensive gearbox issue has been sorted.
Overall the car is a bargain to be had for someone and the new keeper will not be disappointed.
i realise this is a completely mad idea but...

.. have you thought about phoning and asking the guy why?

perhaps he bought it to do up and sell? perhaps he bought it and realised he couldnt afford insurance or something?

do an hpi/car check to make sure the cars genuine, check the vin/engine numbers etc.. match up.. if everything does.. happy days.
Dirk Diggler wrote:He's a dealer bro. Google his number off piston heads..

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/clas ... dc5/881397

His eBay

http://myworld.ebay.com/nzabbie
Nice one bud & he said reason for sale is he has a new job & can't keep the car as he does too many miles so if he's a trader why would he say that? Anyone know if he is a honest seller or sells dodgey cars?
Kieran_CTR wrote:

His eBay

Nice one bud & he said reason for sale is he has a new job & can't keep the car as he does too many miles so if he's a trader why would he say that? Anyone know if he is a honest seller or sells dodgey cars?
Traders cant lie straight bro... I might email him about one of his others see what he says :lol:
Kieran_CTR wrote:

His eBay

If he's a dealer then you have certain rights that you don't get with private sales. that's why he's pretending it's a private sale.
Kieran_CTR wrote:Are they worth trusting he seems genuine welcomed inspection said we can do all the paperwork in his house, has the paper work on the mileage servicing etc
So long as the car checks out i wouldnt be to bothered, theres a guy selling cars on the side in every street, the cars are usually honest, its just the salesperson that's telling fibs.

Just do the proper checks and check all the vin numbers etc match up, treat it as a private sale [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
bornlucky1 wrote:
Kieran_CTR wrote:Are they worth trusting he seems genuine welcomed inspection said we can do all the paperwork in his house, has the paper work on the mileage servicing etc
So long as the car checks out i wouldnt be to bothered, theres a guy selling cars on the side in every street, the cars are usually honest, its just the salesperson that's telling fibs.

Just do the proper checks and check all the vin numbers etc match up, treat it as a private sale [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Sound thanks for all the helps lads [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] I'm going with a mate to check it all out who owns a DC5 & will be hpi checking it today, is they any other checks I can do on it to dig deep?

Like what would u do if u was in this situation? As I've been waiting a few months for a minter & this came up but after the owning if two months threw me a bit
Kieran_CTR wrote:
bornlucky1 wrote:Nope, its just had two different private plates on it, the 52 reg would be the cars true plate i'd imagine.
53? Did u mean 52? They was no mileage or the hpi check as well & they was no vin number no v5 the serial number or document issue date
Yeah, meant 52 lol, who did you do the check with? The mileage can be checked on the vosa website.
bornlucky1 wrote:
Kieran_CTR wrote:
bornlucky1 wrote:Nope, its just had two different private plates on it, the 52 reg would be the cars true plate i'd imagine.
53? Did u mean 52? They was no mileage or the hpi check as well & they was no vin number no v5 the serial number or document issue date
Yeah, meant 52 lol, who did you do the check with? The mileage can be checked on the vosa website.
:lol: thought so. If anyone wants to check my hpi it's www.hpicheck.com my ref is EM14285680

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]