The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Integra Type R? Come and chat here.
By Magnificent_one
How come some/a lot DC2 owners think there cars is worth more than a newer/better DC5?
It's not like it's a one of a kind car...
The DC2 prices in Belgium are 9-10k euros :shock: UK prices are 5-7k pounds, 7K is DC5 money :shock:
For that money i can get a nice DC5 from the UK :lol:

Just curious, not trolling :)
By yella
depends whose tellig you the DC5 is better than the DC2 i suppose
By TiCo_87
Car in Europe (outside the uk) tend to always be more expensive.

I was looking into ek4/em1 in portugal...6k min
Nissan 200 sx....5k

Dad was looking into 300zx....wait for it...13k with a blown engine!! Normal prices are 17+ last time I checked.

I found a DC5 for sale back home....£18k!!!
By Magnificent_one
yella wrote:depends whose tellig you the DC5 is better than the DC2 i suppose
Is it worse?
By jreedy
I can't believe how pricey some dc2's are to be honest, some people must be baking mad to spend 5k+ on a 14 yr old car,(using a 98 spec dc2 as a eg) no matter how mint,

Ek9 prices are just as daft, I'd go dc5 every time out of the 2 :-)

Both great cars I there own right....... Dc2 IMHO looks way to dated now! :bigthumb:
By EvoStu
jreedy wrote:I can't believe how pricey some dc2's are to be honest, some people must be baking mad to spend 5k+ on a 14 yr old car,(using a 98 spec dc2 as a eg) no matter how mint,

Ek9 prices are just as daft, I'd go dc5 every time out of the 2 :-)

Both great cars I there own right....... Dc2 IMHO looks way to dated now! :bigthumb:
You're right. Great car the DC2 but horrifically overpriced. I wouldn't pay 50p for an EK9 I despise them that much.
By lewtyper
Mr Anderson wrote:Well it should, I certainly wouldn't pay more
But that is not what the market dictates. If you wanted a 'mint' dc2, you would have to pay over that.

Same with the ek9.

Supply and demand.
By zero7
Funny thread, DC5 v's DC2, end of day they are both good cars, the 2 is the better drivers car and more fun, I've had both for a while. Also what one considers to be mint might be another's very average.

I would pay handsomely for a mint DC2 (not just saying that because I have mine for sale), DC5's are newer and more choice around.
By Mr Anderson
lewtyper wrote:Clearly you don't know much about the dc2 or the current market
I cant be arsed finding links for you, but I have seen them sell for £4k. The newest ones are 12 years old, with old technology. Only the die hard fans will pay more, that doesn't make the car anymore valuable to the majority of people who see the car for what it is.
By Magnificent_one
zero7 wrote:Funny thread, DC5 v's DC2, end of day they are both good cars, the 2 is the better drivers car and more fun, I've had both for a while. Also what one considers to be mint might be another's very average.

I would pay handsomely for a mint DC2 (not just saying that because I have mine for sale), DC5's are newer and more choice around.
DC2's are at least 12 years old mate, it's an old car... Only die hard fans will pay that much for a car that age.
In Belgium you can find a lot more DC2's than DC5's. On the biggest Honda meetings over here there are 2-3 DC5's and dozens of DC2's.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]