The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Integra Type R? Come and chat here.
By s_barker
Personal im amazed what ppl think their cars are still worth these days my mate bought his uk dc2 last year for 4.2k with 71k fhsh its a clean example with no rust. They are dated cars now i would be very surprised ppl spending around the 7k i think ppl look to see what other cars are up for sale for and think they can advertise there car for around the same money not realising they cars have been more than likely up for a very long time and will probably drop in price or take a much lower offer in the end.
By HondaType
Lotus Elise S1's are old cars but tidy examples still go for £8k upwards. Finding DC2's that that have been well cared for, with low mileage will always appeal to a certain type of buyer. I wanted a car that was in a decent condition that didn't need lots of money throwing at it. The difference between tatty high mileage cars and tidy low mileage cars was maybe £1,500.
By zero7
Old 911s also fetch a fr penny - some time old technology is just the ticket, much prefer the LSD in the dc2 than the mre aggressive dc5, also prefer the character of the b18 over the more powerful but refined k20.

Horses for course but using age as a marker for valuing special cars like these is nonsensical, see first sentence.
By J
I loved the dc2 and had a chance to buy one instead of my. Ep3 wish I had as it was lovely.
By Mr Anderson
zero7 wrote:Old 911s also fetch a fr penny - some time old technology is just the ticket, much prefer the LSD in the dc2 than the mre aggressive dc5, also prefer the character of the b18 over the more powerful but refined k20.

Horses for course but using age as a marker for valuing special cars like these is nonsensical, see first sentence.
Lol it's not a f*cking 911 though is it! That is nonsensical!
By Magnificent_one
Mr Anderson wrote:
zero7 wrote:Old 911s also fetch a fr penny - some time old technology is just the ticket, much prefer the LSD in the dc2 than the mre aggressive dc5, also prefer the character of the b18 over the more powerful but refined k20.

Lol it's not a f*cking 911 though is it! That is nonsensical!
That's what i thought to :lol: it's nothing special like a 911 or a epic exotic, but that's something most owners don't get. It was a great car in it's time and still is but it's not that unique. It's no nsx for example...
By Mr Anderson
How much is a 99 Civic VTi worth? Maybe 2 grand? The Integra, having LSD, great engine, superb chassis etc takes the value up to £4000. Not bad going at all.

Any more is in peoples heads, not market value.
By lewtyper
Mr Anderson wrote:
lewtyper wrote:Clearly you don't know much about the dc2 or the current market
I cant be arsed finding links for you, but I have seen them sell for £4k. The newest ones are 12 years old, with old technology. Only the die hard fans will pay more, that doesn't make the car anymore valuable to the majority of people who see the car for what it is.
You don't need to find links for me, I keep a track of the market

"Mint" DC2s do not sell for 4k- end of story.

You may have seen cars you consider mint (low mileage and nice shiny paint) selling for this amount but trust me, you could easily spend half that amount refreshing the various suspension bits/ engine mounts etc that need doing regardless of mileage now they have reached the age they have.

That's not to mention the major rust issues apparent on 90% of UKDM tegs which could easily set you back another 1-2k
By Mr Anderson
You could spend 2k on any car refreshing all the suspension bits. And i never said people dont pay more than 4k, I said people pay more than the market value if they are diehard fans. Hats off to anyone that can get more than £4000 trading in a 12 year old Integra.
By lewtyper
Market value is determined by what people are willing to pay for a given product. People are willing to pay a premium for a good dc2. Good DC2s are becoming very hard to come by now.

I agree- 4k trade in would be good going but we all know that market value is not determined by the price a trader is willing to pay!
By Mr Anderson
This could go on forever lol. The old "its worth what someone is willing to pay" comes into force here I guess. And no point arguing about that.
By Webby_85
I paid more than 4k for my dc2 and sold it for more 6 months later. My ep3 went for 4k with much lower miles and despite being a much newer car,mint dc2's sell better imo. The dc2 was twice the car an ep3 was for pure driving.

Mine was minty fresh throughout too

I bought my dc2 2 days after it had been listed and i sold it within 2 weeks in december lol
By Webby_85
Great mate although didn't try any others whilst i owned the car. The handling was surpurb as you would imagine, no issues in the wet either
By keithlou
HondaType wrote:What did you think of the Advan AD08's? I'm thinking of going for them when my RS2's need replacing.
(they're are not AD08's)

btw i'd love a JDM 98 spec DC2 but they're just too pricy, for the money I'd much rather have my nicer cheaper prem ep3 as my daily

only if i have the money to find and restore/ maintain a nice JDM, sadly I don't...

DC5's in the other hand are win win IMO, better daily car for sure, just as fun (not as raw thou) and much, much better interior, but again, nice mint one quite pricy, compare to EP3'
By HondaType
keithlou wrote:
HondaType wrote:What did you think of the Advan AD08's? I'm thinking of going for them when my RS2's need replacing.
(they're are not AD08's)

btw i'd love a JDM 98 spec DC2 but they're just too pricy, for the money I'd much rather have my nicer cheaper prem ep3 as my daily

only if i have the money to find and restore/ maintain a nice JDM, sadly I don't...

DC5's in the other hand are win win IMO, better daily car for sure, just as fun (not as raw thou) and much, much better interior, but again, nice mint one quite pricy, compare to EP3'
I had a mint low mileage 30th anniversary EP3 which I sold last year. For the extra money I would have needed to get a decent DC5, I felt it would have been too much of a sideways step. If I was going to spend that kind of money, I'd have been looking at M3's, Evo's and possibly an E39 M5.

In the end I decided not to spend too much money as its a third car, but still wanted something involving and rewarding. My every day car has a comfortable interior and having owned the DC2 for a couple of months, its a far better fit for my needs than a DC5 would have been. Personal opinion, but Dc5's I've driven are cerainly not as fun as the DC2.

Last months Evo compared the DC2 with E30 M3's, the Clio 200 and the GT86. Their verdict; the DC2 is brilliant.
By Magic Detail
The DC2 is still talked about and touted as the GOAT when it comes to fwd drivers cars. It is still featured in magazines against the very latest fwd hatches and other 'drivers cars'. It continues to come out on top despite technological advances - over the last few years its taken out the mk2 FRS, the R26R, and more recently the GT86. These are all cars considered at the top of the current crop and yet this 12 year old rust bucket is knocking them into boxes.

The EP3, DC5 etc don't even get a mention and haven't done for about 6 or 7 years now. They were good when they came out but there's a big difference between good and great - and thas the difference between a DC2 and a 5.
By HondaType
Magic Detail wrote:The DC2 is still talked about and touted as the GOAT when it comes to fwd drivers cars. It is still featured in magazines against the very latest fwd hatches and other 'drivers cars'. It continues to come out on top despite technological advances - over the last few years its taken out the mk2 FRS, the R26R, and more recently the GT86. These are all cars considered at the top of the current crop and yet this 12 year old rust bucket is knocking them into boxes.

The EP3, DC5 etc don't even get a mention and haven't done for about 6 or 7 years now. They were good when they came out but there's a big difference between good and great - and thas the difference between a DC2 and a 5.
Well put :thumbup:
By Newannaive
Magic Detail wrote:over the last few years its taken out the mk2 FRS, the R26R, and more recently the GT86.

where ?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]