The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Integra Type R? Come and chat here.
By bluntcap
dutch wrote:Any links to it so i can have a butchers?
Turns out car has no service history, no Jap and no Uk......but it's on gumtree belfast mate, the one with the small square plate.
By bluntcap
smartie wrote:Cant travel for a lower mileage example?
Well yes I can, however, I'd prefer a test drive, a good look round the car etc. It's a bit of a gamble going by photos then turning up with the cash and the car isn't as described, wasted journey and wasted money. So travel is possible but can be a slight gamble.
By smartie
bluntcap wrote:
smartie wrote:Cant travel for a lower mileage example?
Well yes I can, however, I'd prefer a test drive, a good look round the car etc. It's a bit of a gamble going by photos then turning up with the cash and the car isn't as described, wasted journey and wasted money. So travel is possible but can be a slight gamble.
Yeah can be. Personally I would keep an eye on the owners forums/fresh imports from traders and find one with lower mileage. :smile:
By bluntcap
Already on that :wink: Seeing imported ones for 75K+ unfortunately, plus you pay bigger money for lower milage from then, so straight away you lose on re sale cost the moment you get the keys, but I know I'm paying for import costs as well.

Owners forums are a good place, might send a few cheeky PMs see if anyone is willing to sell :lol: As long as the milage is 60K or under I'd be happy.....at a push 65ish if the car is exceptional. Bit I'm in no rush, last thing I wanna do is buy something and regret it.
By bluntcap
I'm not a fan of the red to be honest, no a massive fan of any DC5 colour apart from white. Plus do you know where SVA imports are? Dover! Stuff that for a drive :lol: They have some nice machines in, well by the photos anyway, but high enough prices and they don't state the milage on quite a few of them for some reason. Also heard a few bad reports about them, but equally some good ones. Still want Kaners LOL was over at his today, i'm in love with that car haha
By kaner.eb
Its funny i dont think he even likes me he's only been over since i got the dc5 lol

Just do what i done pm soneone who has a tasty one and ask them to sell , everythings for sale ! Lol
By Stevo M81
Blunty your doing some taking about DC5s these days I think I can see one in your drive sooner rather than later. End of the year that ep3 will be gone I predict :wink:
By OZ 82
Replacing the engine wtf? Is that guy serious? Blunt, bro, come on 83k is flip all on a well maintained K. Read about plenty of people breather modding and boosting at that and higher mileage. Maybe other bits, drop links, bushes etc bit they are the same on any car that age/mileage. Get it bought, and get it modded. The only thing is, and it goes with any secondhand car is you dont know how its been looked after. But you can make a fair assumption based on history, condition, test drive etc etc. Mine ctr is on 120k and i can tell you it runs just as well and is just as quick as my mates prem on 50k. It really really would not be an issue for me at all, provided the car was up to what i wanted. :salut:
By Stevo M81
OZ 82 wrote:Replacing the engine wtf? Is that guy serious? Blunt, bro, come on 83k is flip all on a well maintained K. Read about plenty of people breather modding and boosting at that and higher mileage. Maybe other bits, drop links, bushes etc bit they are the same on any car that age/mileage. Get it bought, and get it modded. The only thing is, and it goes with any secondhand car is you dont know how its been looked after. But you can make a fair assumption based on history, condition, test drive etc etc. Mine ctr is on 120k and i can tell you it runs just as well and is just as quick as my mates prem on 50k. It really really would not be an issue for me at all, provided the car was up to what i wanted. :salut:
+1 this
By bluntcap
OZ 82 wrote:Replacing the engine wtf? Is that guy serious? Blunt, bro, come on 83k is flip all on a well maintained K. Read about plenty of people breather modding and boosting at that and higher mileage. Maybe other bits, drop links, bushes etc bit they are the same on any car that age/mileage. Get it bought, and get it modded. The only thing is, and it goes with any secondhand car is you dont know how its been looked after. But you can make a fair assumption based on history, condition, test drive etc etc. Mine ctr is on 120k and i can tell you it runs just as well and is just as quick as my mates prem on 50k. It really really would not be an issue for me at all, provided the car was up to what i wanted. :salut:
I emailed the fella and it turns out there is no service history at all mate, he's had it for a year and just serviced it himself, but when it was in the UK it also has no service history from that period.
By OZ 82
Well thats a different story mate. Did he have any idea why its no history at all? I would walk away if I was you, not worth the risk. Full history yeah, on the grounds its fine when you went to view/drive. Is it hard to find a good example in your area then?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]