The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Integra Type R? Come and chat here.
By 1ntense
Im in the market for either an ep3 or a dc2 and cant decide.

Hoping you guys can help me decide.

Which is the better overall car to own and why?
By 4d_ek9
what you want it for? dc2 has a better chassis and handling, ep3 has a better engine. dc5 for the best of both worlds?
By 1ntense
Just for a daily driver, to me a dc2 is a special car and think I would feel a bit bad using it as a daily, I wasnt aware that a k20 engine was better than a b18?

I like my cars to handle well so for that I think the teg wins but not having experienced one, I dont suppose I would know what I was missing if I were to get an ep3.

Would love a dc5 but insurance is a problem with them unfortunately.

Sadly UKDM cars only for me until I build up enough NCB lol
By RM CYA
Not keen on dc2s. Most look sh-t, a select few look good.

Ep3. Alot of car for the money nowadays.

K20 pwns B series. Take that ht leaded crap outta here (it's actually a decent engine but k20 hands down mang)
By 1ntense
I wouldnt say ep3s are cheap tbf, Ive come from a fiesta ST (dont laugh) and you get a lot more car for your money with them, ie age and mileage.

The dc2 Im looking at is a nice one, looks wise I like them in Champ white. I also like the looks of ep3s as well

Spoke to a guy about an ep3 today and he suggested that they're a more aggressive set up than a dc2 (said he had owned one) I was under the impression that it was the other way round though? As in the kick from the vtec and just that the dc2 is a rawer car in general.
By bluntcap
EP3......JRSC'd with 298bhp £700 insurance

DC5......fully standard £1200

EP3 for me :lol:

In all seriousness I love the DC5s and yea if insurance wasnt such a bitch in Northerb Ireland I guess id own one. The EP3 for me is a cracking car and I've made mine quite unique so I'm happy.
By 1ntense
I do really fancy an ep3, just so many people rave about dc2's and that cant be ignored really.

Mods for ep3s look a lot cheaper than they are for fiesta STs which is a big bonus, Im guessing mods for dc2s are similarly priced though so that doesnt really help sway me either way lol

Anyone here owned both with an opinion?
By bluntcap
Tig has owned both, he totalled his DC2 though and now drives an EP3. Member name is

Tigger_integra

Well I think that's it. I just call him Tig :lol:
By 1ntense
Thanks mate, will give him a PM.

I also owned a dc2, albeit for all of 3 hours and also totalled that but thats another story I would rather forget lol

Thanks mate [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By TIGGER_INTEGRA
I just call you POTATO mr bluntcap!

I preferred the DC2 tbh. I love my EP3 at the moment, it's raw when it wants to be but at the same time I can drive it like a normal car. Where as the teg felt very much "raw" and "hardcore" all the time. VTEC in the teg is way way better than the ep3. Felt more of a kick.

My ep3 feels better quality made as the teg (which is a race car with number plates) I'd be honest if the right teg came my way tomorrow ( Phoenix yellow JDM :WOOT ) or even another CW UKDM I'd be very tempted to buy one :bigthumb:

End of the day what do you want the car for? The hardcore feeling all the time? Or a everyday car that can be hardcore when you want ?
By 1ntense
Hmmm.. Thanks for the reply tigger. I owned a dc2 for about 3 hours and test drove 3 others and whilst everyone said they would feel really harsh ride comfort wise etc, I never felt that at all. Suppose its all subjective.

I like the feeling of a small hatch and the chuckablity they provide, just something about them that I prefer. Saying that Ive never had the chance to really put a teg through its paces yet so being a bigger car probably doesnt hamper it in the same way it does for other cars.

Better built sounds good as does normal when driving normally and raw when not, as I said though. Tegs never felt too raw or hardcore when driven normally when Ive driven them so that doesnt really come into it I dont suppose.

Good to know that you would go back to a teg and prefered it though, having owned both thats good to hear. Sways me more towards a teg.

Definitely not discounting an ep3 though.

Interesting that youve got an lsd fitted to your ep3. If I get one, thats something I would want to get for it. Handling of ep3 + lsd vs standard teg (obv also with lsd)?
By 1ntense
They are old, no disputing that but an older car has usually got more character.

Ive seen a couple with low miles as well.

Think Im just going to have to test drive a few of each and take it from there.
By youngsan
xKev85 wrote:ep3, dc2 is old and more of a chav car
:lol: it is a matter of opinion on which is the more chav car - i have owned 2 DC2's, a DC5 and an EP3. I am currently looking for another DC2. The DC2 is an old car that is true, but if you want modern, there are more modern cars than an EP3 too.

I see many more 'chavs' and mum's doing their weekly shop driving EP3's than I do DC2's. The DC2 is much, much rarer - drive to your local and you are almost guaranteed to pass an EP3 chances are you wont pass a DC2/DC5.

On a practical level the EP3 is more practical in some ways. It is also more comfortable. Looks wise is a matter of opinion - I think the DC2 looks ten times nicer than the EP3.

Running costs are not that different other than insurance where the DC2 is dearer. It is easier to find a clean EP3 for sale because there are so many more around - it was one of Honda's best selling models, which taking the number of cars Honda sold, is obviously quite a lot. :wink:

Performance wise there isn't a lot in it and if you are driving it on the road in such a way as you can notice a significant difference you probably deserve to lose your licence. They are a completely different drive though.

It is up to you. You can tire of the DC2's rawness at times particularly if you are driving it each day for long periods so I think that should be a big factor in your decision. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Grov24
xKev85 wrote:ep3, dc2 is old and more of a chav car
EP3 is the new Saxslow.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]