The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Integra Type R? Come and chat here.
By teg98
I have owned all 3, currently own dc2 and an ep3.
DC5 to me feels very similar to drive as an ep3, but without the lack of feel to the steering.

Dc2 is light weight and just feels so on its toes the whole time, cant really explain it, just get out there and try one [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

And imo the best of the lot....................... my brothers EK9, they really are truely awesome, not as quick standard, but just so glorious to drive.
All 4 are great though.
By kckc-irl
I have an ep3.................................... I miss my dc2 everyday........................ I think th buzz I got from the dc2 can only be replaced by something with twice the horsepower
By zeboobel
im also struggling with this for when i buy a car in september. insurance is surprisingly cheap on both a dc2 and ep3, i like the look of both of them. i have been in passengers in both, the dc2 has a beautiful, more noticeable vtec change over imo, but the ep3 is still refined but can be a hoot when you give it toes. if i were to have them both available to buy for the same cash and they were both decent motors, i couldnt call it.

i suppose this is where i need people to give me their experiences with the 2. im way past the days of driving like a loon everywhere, but if a nice empty b road presents itself, a cheeky little tickle is good. im after comfort, a car that i can happily drive around at 30mph in, but at the same time, i want it to put a smile on my face when i open the throttle.

so im really stuck also.
By sammo303
zeboobel wrote:im after comfort, a car that i can happily drive around at 30mph in, but at the same time, i want it to put a smile on my face when i open the throttle.
Doesn't sound like either would suit then! :lol:
By zeboobel
sammo303 wrote:
zeboobel wrote:im after comfort, a car that i can happily drive around at 30mph in, but at the same time, i want it to put a smile on my face when i open the throttle.
why is this?
By sammo303
zeboobel wrote:
sammo303 wrote:
why is this?
Well I can only speak for the EP3 but it has very hard suspension, intrusive road noise, the lightweight flywheel makes town driving a pain, revs at 3500rpm at 70mph, has no toys/gadgets, needs dropping down a few gears and revving high to get the most on a b-road, etc. Basically it's not a comfort car in any sense - and everyone says the DC2 is worse!
By Grov24
You make an EP3 sound like a caterham, load of bull.

It's not got hard suspension by any stretch, if you think it has, you must of been driving jags till now. How is town driving a pain?

Load a cobblers.
By torch1
Grov24 wrote:You make an EP3 sound like a caterham, load of bull.

It's not got hard suspension by any stretch, if you think it has, you must of been driving jags till now. How is town driving a pain?

Load a cobblers.
Agreed.

EP3 can be driven around like a perfectly normal and comfortable hatchback.
By Grov24
Lightweight flywheel? LOL didn't know it was a GT3 RS in disguise. :lol:
By Superman001
torch1 wrote:
Grov24 wrote:You make an EP3 sound like a caterham, load of bull.

Load a cobblers.
Agreed.

EP3 can be driven around like a perfectly normal and comfortable hatchback.
If the roads are smooth the ep3 is almost as comfy as any other hot hatch but I must admit before its warmed up properly it can be a bit jerky and unrefined when trying to drive slowly around town.

I wouldnt say the suspension is that stiff but the ep3 does crash about a bit over pot holes etc.
By Grov24
sammo303 wrote:I stand by what I say. This is in comparison to a 'normal' car, not a Caterham or GT3.
Define a normal car.

A EP3 is a normal car IMO. It's ride is no worse than any other similar car in it's class.

Your post was completey wrong and gives off totally the wrong impression IMO.
By Liam Type-R
Grov24 wrote:
sammo303 wrote:I stand by what I say. This is in comparison to a 'normal' car, not a Caterham or GT3.
Define a normal car.

A EP3 is a normal car IMO. It's ride is no worse than any other similar car in it's class.

Your post was completey wrong and gives off totally the wrong impression IMO.
i have to agree with this!

Have you driven many other cars sammo303?
By sammo303
I'm saying it's not a car you buy for comfort. I don't think that's a very contentious thing to say. :scratch:

Not that this is definitive proof or anything but Chris Harris (who has driven many, many other cars) said much the same about the EP3.

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=25002

My opinion is that for a comfy cruiser with a bit of poke, the EP3 is an odd choice.
By Grov24
Couldn't give a sh-t what Chris Harris thinks. If it's not a 911 the guy isn't interested.

I lived with one for 2 years and it's fine. It's more than fine around town and out of VTEC. Anyone who says different is a tool.
By jon_ep3ctr
I owned an ep3 for 3 years loved every minute of it may well end back in one. You get a gd car for not a lot of money at all I have seen 02 plate preface lifts hpi clear 80 -90k on the clock for 3 grand, absolute bargain and the k20 is fantastic engine, for price ep3 can't be beaten. Take no notice about the b18 being ht leads that engine is fantastic 2 even to this day is a lot lot better than most modern day engines. I now own a dc5 and considering the similar engine the cars couldn't be any further away from each other I missed my ep3 for all of 10 mins I would say this the integra dc2 dc5 cannot be compared to the ep3 in stock form the integra is so much more of a drivers car a lot more track orientated and has earnt it's type r emblem
By zeboobel
sammo303 wrote:
zeboobel wrote:
sammo303 wrote:
why is this?
Well I can only speak for the EP3 but it has very hard suspension, intrusive road noise, the lightweight flywheel makes town driving a pain, revs at 3500rpm at 70mph, has no toys/gadgets, needs dropping down a few gears and revving high to get the most on a b-road, etc. Basically it's not a comfort car in any sense - and everyone says the DC2 is worse!
I managed to blag a drive of a Jdm ep3 here in Australia, I made it seem like I was going to buy it. The garage owner let me have it for a day which was amazing of him (turns out its very common practise to do this in oz.) I covered 420km in one day. it is safe to say that within a few days of being back in the uk I will be having one. The ride was absolutely impeccable, the seats feel like they are hugging you when you drive, the whole experience was fantastic. In comparison to my old Sti this is comfort. I didn't experience any stiff suspension town driving was a breeze, it was just lovely. And vtec. Winning.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]