The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Integra Type R? Come and chat here.
By robbyp
Also been trying to replicate something like the golden eagle Rear bumper vents to help let the trapped air escape
from the back bumper. I've only made a template from paper at the minute of what it should be like to try it on.

The bumpers only sitting on there and the same with the template so its not 100% right bnut you get the idea i guess :lol: you can see the piece ive cut from the rear bumper pretty well in the last pic. Left the center bit alone as it meets the boot floor pretty flush so didnt see the advantage there. Just need to get material to make the vents out of and go crazy cutting it out and holes in the bumper :mrgreen:
Last edited by robbyp on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
By robbyp
Well got couple of pieces of alloy today so marked them out

I cut them out and then drilled in place to the bumper.

Once I had it located on the bumper I marked the piece of bumper to be cut out and then it was air hacksaw time
:lol:

And the left over bits :D

This is how it looks now, just need to paint the metal vent and pop them on

By robbyp
We'll I got everything trimmed and drilled the way I wanted it today, was originally going paint them black but friend of mine suggested just clear coating the metal.
So I just gave the metal a rub up with fine emery and lacquered them and popped them on
This is how it looks now

Forgive the light and trim panel still off, waiting to sort out my exhaust before I put rear bumper, trim and light back in
By robbyp
bluntcap wrote:Engine bay looks awesome with the K20 mate :twisted:
Cheers buddy [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Stevo M81
+1 does indeed, but what are the holes in the bumper all about :scratch: what purpose do they serve?
By robbyp
Stevo M81 wrote:
+1 does indeed, but what are the holes in the bumper all about :scratch: what purpose do they serve?
The theory behind the holes in the rear bumper is to stop the rear bumper acting as a parachute and let the air blow straight through lol
By Stevo M81
robbyp wrote:
Stevo M81 wrote:
The theory behind the holes in the rear bumper is to stop the rear bumper acting as a parachute and let the air blow straight through lol
I see, didnt know that [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By robbyp
Stevo M81 wrote: I see, didnt know that [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
We'll that's the theory anyway but how much of an advantage it give if any at all is another thing :-D
By robbyp
We'll after making the 3" exhaust system and getting it all together I got the car final mapped ready for the season ahead, few small things to do and were ready to rock this Sat.

Pic of dyno graph

By robbyp
eatthis wrote:why not remove the bumper?
The race regs say you have to keep the standard silhouette of the car
Plus no bumper would just be rash looking :eek: :-D
By robbyp
Well I got the first weekend over lol, had a dodgy start in quali back end felt real loose, had a spin lol but got into it and qualified 5th with a 1:04.7 odd, my best time ever round there. So was happy enough with that.

Changed few settings for race one then and the car felt little better on warm up lap, got away with lead pack at the start i was running 4th having good we battle pushing on as you do lol to about the 3rd-4th lap had a big time 120mph odd spin off at debtors knocked my steering alignment off, kinda lucky got away so light. :roll:

Pic I found of the start of it!!

Got the steering sorta squared up again for Race 2, nerves were kinda shot by this stage, wonder why lol, got swamped first lap but got bit confidence back after good few laps and caught up on Leon Supercopa and a 2.3 Evo 6
Managed to get passed the Leon and had good wee battle with the evo. Finished 4th in that race and all home in one piece :)

If id had more faith in myself and the car i prob could have passed for 3rd but the places i thought i could be quicker i just didnt want to push the car due to my earlier escapades, so my lap times in last race were well down but sure it was the first run out of the year. Car definitely has more pace than it used to just need to harness it and be a better driver too.

Il try get the vids loaded up at some point when i figure out how to so you can get a laugh :wink:
By Superman001
Good result for the first race, bet that 120mph spin was scary stuff :???:

Anyway good luck with the next race and the car is looking awesome :salut:
By robbyp
Video of race 1 where I had the big slide which retired me due to steering being off.
I qualified 5th overall and 4th in class. The Ginetta at the front of the grid is in a different class in case your wondering :lol: and theres a gap infront of me because one of the cars had a gearbox failure.
Please be kind first race of the year after about 6 months off and I am no pro, :oops:
Will try load vid 2 tomorrow

By Superman001
robbyp wrote:Video of race 1 where I had the big slide which retired me due to steering being off.
I qualified 5th overall and 4th in class. The Ginetta at the front of the grid is in a different class in case your wondering :lol: and theres a gap infront of me because one of the cars had a gearbox failure.
Please be kind first race of the year after about 6 months off and I am no pro, :oops:
Will try load vid 2 tomorrow

Saw the Civic cup race on my facebook news feed this morning and saw your car which was 2 cars ahead of the one filming which was in a long battle against an e36 bmw 3 series, I could tell it was your Integra from the rear bumper cut-outs [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]