The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Integra Type R? Come and chat here.
By bluntcap
Mate you were going well there for sure, you seemed to catch the guys in front at certain points and r=then they would get away again etc but you caught up well.

Where you in to high a gear for the corner and got lift off over steer?
By robbyp
bluntcap wrote:Mate you were going well there for sure, you seemed to catch the guys in front at certain points and r=then they would get away again etc but you caught up well.

Where you in to high a gear for the corner and got lift off over steer?
Running in 6th gear as it ends up rattling the limiter in 5th too long for my liking
Don't think I got lift off oversteer there, am starting to think tyres had a lot to do with it
By robbyp
Well survived another race weekend :-D

We had two 15 minute qualifying sessions, a 20 minute and a 15 minute race.

Qualy 1:
First qualifying a went terrible, I decided I would start easy and just build up the pace in it to get my confidence back and next thing I knew the chequered flag was out :oops: so that put me 8th on the grid, 7th in class, with a time of 1:06.8 for the start of race 1 which was miles off the pace. :sad:

Qualy 2:
I knew I had to push a bit harder now, confidence in the car was up a bit so I did push it a bit harder and did a better time of 1:05.5 I think it was but everyone else upped there game as I ended up 9th on the grid this time, still 7th in class though :???:

Race 1:
Well i started the race hoping the cars around me would bring me up to speed a bit, and it seemed to work. Not sure if its the added pressure or you just get your head in the game more. took me a couple of laps to get into it fully, made couple mistakes and people got past me and away from me when I would have liked to have held on to them, but I had a great race with Richie in a 3.2 M3, good hard clean racing. Ended up 7th overall and 5th in class with new PB of 1:04.489 which I never expected so things were looking up for a change :cool:

Race 2:
Only had half an hour until the second race so it was pretty much refuel and run to the loo and back out lol,
Plan was to just get off the line well and try get into the pack the first few laps and hang on, after a couple of laps and bit of back and forth place swapping I somehow got into 4th in class behind Davy's 3.2 supercharged BMW, had a really good battle with him. I was holding on in the bends where he couldn't use all his power, getting smoked on the straights and trying to catch him up again. Its the hardest ive ever had to drive, had a 2.3 DC5 integra and Ritchie in the 3.2 M3 breathing down my neck the whole time so to say I was under pressure is an understatement :???:

I made mistakes and still just didn't have the confidence around the first corner, debtors which is long left hander about 120mph prob more if you've have the swingers :twisted: , after my spin there at the last meeting so was still short shifting and lifting just before it so if I could have driven harder I might have snatched another place but finished 4th in class and 6th overall in the race. I know I know its all excuses :smile:

Had a really enjoyable weekend all in all, there are some great drivers in my class and some beautiful cars, 2.0T leon Suercopa, 2.0T Evo, 3.0 M3, 3.2 supercharged BMW, 2x 2.3 DC5 Honda Integra's to name a few so am pleased to be racing with them, im learning everytime im out so hopefully we can continue to have fun and a few good results.

Im trying to upload videos at the moment so will put up the links when its all sorted
By robbyp
Thought I would put up these vids from Richards M3 that I had the battle with. And its always good to see it from a different angle. Bit of good driving from Richard here.

Race 1 Pt1:

Race 2 Pt2:

Race 2:

Thanks to Richard for posting them
By robbyp
My incar video from race 1. Please be kind, im no pro so plenty of mistakes and a few times you can see my swingers fall off but its all a learning curve :lol:

Race 1 Pt 1:

Race 1 Pt 2:
By cammy92
really like the wheels [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] you refurb them yourself? reminds me of ken block's cars with the single yellow spoke
By robbyp
cammy92 wrote:really like the wheels [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] you refurb them yourself? reminds me of ken block's cars with the single yellow spoke
Yea did them myself, Thats where i took the idea from i think. Always liked the one spoke a different colour on his cars
By robbyp
Footage from the last race meeting. New PB laptime of 1:03.5 and apart from the driver doing silly things the wee car was flying!!!

Race 1:

Race 2:

Check out the launch the evo got off the line 8)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]