The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Integra Type R? Come and chat here.
By martin1086
hey all as per the title missing the vtec seen now so going buy a Dc5 few questions,
i am looking at buying it from torque gt as have heard good feedback.

1)when imported and registerd and they have been converted from kph to mph are they still restricted to 112mph like all imports?
2)do they feel any quicker then a ctr in stock form?
3)do they have common faults like the ctr ie 2nd gear crunch ans steering racks?

cheers :thumbup:
By DANCTRs-o-t
martin1086 wrote:hey all as per the title missing the vtec seen now so going buy a Dc5 few questions,
i am looking at buying it from torque gt as have heard good feedback.

1)when imported and registerd and they have been converted from kph to mph are they still restricted to 112mph like all imports?
2)do they feel any quicker then a ctr in stock form?
3)do they have common faults like the ctr ie 2nd gear crunch ans steering racks?

cheers :thumbup:

1) no the limiter is taken off as part of the SVA test. Depending on the importer the mileage is sometimes also converted to miles and some are left in KM.

2) Yes, mainly because they rev a bit higher and it's a lot easier to keep them in VTEC

3) The top left (as you look at it with bonnet open) engine mount is a common fault on them, and I beileve 3rd gear can crunch in some. Don't know of any other faults as such, other than it's a bumper off job to change a headlight bulb.
By martin1086
:thumbup: thanks for the information mate great help.
taking the bumper off to change a bulb seems very extreme.
By DANCTRs-o-t
I've searched for tips/advice or any way to do it without. Just doesn't seem possible, passenger side may be do able but driver side I didn't even try.....

Bumper is only 6 screws and a few clips though. I just need to summon up the 'can be botheredness' to do it.
By martin1086
DANCTRs-o-t wrote:I've searched for tips/advice or any way to do it without. Just doesn't seem possible, passenger side may be do able but driver side I didn't even try.....

Bumper is only 6 screws and a few clips though. I just need to summon up the 'can be botheredness' to do it.
:laughabove: yeah i get the same feeling anyways thanks for the info really like them.
after owning two ctr i think a teg is the next step. :salut:
By Damien
welcome to the club mate - just got mine but got some work to do to get her healthy again :'(
By martin1086
[quote="Damien"]welcome to the club mate - just got mine but got some work to do to get her healthy again :'([/quote
whats wrong with yours if you dont mind me asking?
what colour is your i really want a cw with red recaros look stunning
By Damien
Mines championship white, red seats - c pack with mugen twin loop and air filter :cool:

By DANCTRs-o-t
Win.

C-pack is a nice thing to have, though for some reason only one of my mirrors folds in :scratch: if I ever remembered they do fold in I'll get it fixed, not quite sure what they fault could be though.
By OZ 82
I am thinking DC5 for my next car, maybe after crimbo. They look awesome and heard so many good thinks about them too. Cant believe its a bumper off to change a bulb, thats really turd if true :roflmao:
By Mouthwash
I picked up my DC5 the other day...

Things to look out for:

Leaking seals into the boot which will equal a puddle of water in the boot underneath the spare wheel

Lift up the front footwell mats and check the carpet isn't wet underneath, apparentely something to do with the aircon pipe being blocked... Also could be a seal worn under the car.

If the drivers seat is worn they are interchangable so swap them over.

Make sure it's been undersealed....!

Head over to itr-dc5.com and read the faults and fixes section and you can find plenty of things to look for.

Chance to whore a pick of mine

By Damien
is this james's car from leighton buzzard?
By Damien
haha - that cars stunning!

looks like im the only dc5 in the village now.

cars quick mate, when he had the filter and spoon exhaust on it it kinda kept up with my 240bhp ep3.

good luck and have fun! :thumbup:
By Mouthwash
Damien wrote:haha - that cars stunning!

looks like im the only dc5 in the village now.

cars quick mate, when he had the filter and spoon exhaust on it it kinda kept up with my 240bhp ep3.

good luck and have fun! :thumbup:
Yeah it's a really nice car... Loving it, it will just be a weekend car now... It'll be washed more than it's driven.. :lol:

It still has the Gruppe M and Spoon exhaust on it, it feels pretty rapid.. Perhaps not quite as quick as my old EP3 but I'll soon rectify that. :-D

I think there is only one other DC5 where I'm from, so pretty rare. Only had it a few days and getting compliments from strangers, never got one in the Civic.

Thanks mate :smile:
By Damien
its unique car and colour is rare!

theres one more in lb but its never driven and has the worst body kit on it [smilie=puking.gif]

my civic had - kpro, toda mani, gruppe m and mugen twin loop (quieter driving) :thumbup:
By Mouthwash
Yeah that's why I was drawn to it, the colour is very rare... I haven't seen very many in this colour and certainly not another one for sale when I was looking.

I like the car as is, don't know why anyone would put a body kit on it.. Each to their own I guess :-|

Ahh nice, my Civic had - Kpro, Piper manifold, Piper sports cat, RBC, AEM CAI and a SuperSprint unsilenced b-pipe... A LOT quieter than the Teg, that's for sure..!
By dp9901
martin1086 wrote:the thing is i am looking at buying one from touque gt so there should be minimal problems (well i hope)

i got mine from torque-gt and they are top guys. still wish i had mine :sad:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]