The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
By eggcatcher
Put both the R's on the rollers this morning, at Clive Atthowes in Nowich.

The Ep3 is stock, apart from tegiwa airbox. For those who say it's not worth the money, well it surprised me with it's gains. I was expecting 1 or 2 bhp more than stock, I got 8!

The Accord has a long ram typhoon, solid fabs downpipe, 200cell highflow cat, and a solid fabs catback. Was blowing from a hole in the downpipe, which decided to appear 2 days ago! This didn't seem to affect high rpms much, but did cost it at lower rpm.

By Superman001
Still a good result for the atr despite the blowing exhaust.

Did you get a dyno run with the original air box on the EP3? Otherwise you can't be sure of an 8bhp Increase with the Teg M.
By eggcatcher
No, only run was with tegiwa, so no idea what it was before tegiwa box went on. Still take that result though. I'm happy the dyno was reading pretty accurate too, i've seen reputable dyno's, with lower whp figures, give higher bhp than mine.

As for atr, the exhaust was quietened at the request of suffolk traffic plod, adding a little restriction. A big hole probably gained a few peak rev bhp!
By Superman001
To be honest dynos are only of benefit if you have a starting power/torque figure otherwise you could get a reading of 220bhp and think the Teg M makes 20bhp over stock when in reality your start figure on that dyno could have been 218bhp meaning you only gained 2bhp.
By eggcatcher
I agree there, but tegiwa is the only engine mod the ep3 has. So even if I have a good engine, with few more horses that it should as stock, 8bhp over stock isn't a bad result.
By bluntcap
Superman001 wrote:To be honest dynes are only of benefit if you have a starting power/torque figure otherwise you could get a reading of 220bhp and think the Teg M makes 20bhp over stock when in reality your start figure on that dyno could have been 218bhp meaning you only gained 2bhp.
This with bells and whistles. You have zero idea what the Teg M has done for your car. Right now all you have is a base level for you for when you add anything more, not a result of how good the induction kit is. The car is producing a nice figure, any more plans for it?
By eggcatcher
It's the wifes ep3, she don't want anything else done. Had to work on her to get the tegiwa box. Made a deal that if she didn't love it, I'd sell it on. It's still on there :smile:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]