The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
By nathhall_89
Hello... im torn between air intakes... how many are using tegiwa m or similar vs aem v2?? Obviously theres a price difference in intakes...
Can people post dyno graphs using the teg and aem?

I currently have r8byb bpipe, standard airbox with hondata mod and spoon n1, japspeed decat manifold is on the shopping list along with an air intake then k100.. thanks in advance..
By *nub*
nathhall_89 wrote:Hello... im torn between air intakes... how many are using tegiwa m or similar vs aem v2?? Obviously theres a price difference in intakes...

I currently have r8byb bpipe, standard airbox with hondata mod and spoon n1, japspeed decat manifold is on the shopping list along with an air intake then k100.. thanks in advance..
you'll probably get similar results on an actual rolling road and that would be pretty pointless as the bonnet is up with a fan blowing into the engine bay... I am not aware of any comparison charts being made and I doubt they exist. they probably perform the same when the car is moving at high speed when air flows through the grill and engine bay, the difference being that Tegiwa is an enclosed airbox with a cold air feed from outside the bonnet and so it is going to keep intake temps lower even when the car is at idle or moving slowly in town etc. In this situation the AEM which is open cone style will be sucking in hotter air than the tegiwa. Although I would imagine if the car is idle for a while like in queuing traffic the airbox will eventually heat up slightly as well so there won't be a huge difference. Even so I much prefer the idea of Tegiwa, some have said v2 can feel sluggish going from idle to getting the car moving again as there would be a delay before car builds up speed and the cool air can get into the intake once again.

also get rid of the spoon n1 before you get a decat race manifold, it will be too loud trust
By nathhall_89
*nub* wrote:
nathhall_89 wrote:Hello... im torn between air intakes... how many are using tegiwa m or similar vs aem v2?? Obviously theres a price difference in intakes...

you'll probably get similar results on an actual rolling road and that would be pretty pointless as the bonnet is up with a fan blowing into the engine bay... I am not aware of any comparison charts being made and I doubt they exist. they probably perform the same when the car is moving at high speed when air flows through the grill and engine bay, the difference being that Tegiwa is an enclosed airbox with a cold air feed from outside the bonnet and so it is going to keep intake temps lower even when the car is at idle or moving slowly in town etc. In this situation the AEM which is open cone style will be sucking in hotter air than the tegiwa. Although I would imagine if the car is idle for a while like in queuing traffic the airbox will eventually heat up slightly as well so there won't be a huge difference. Even so I much prefer the idea of Tegiwa, some have said v2 can feel sluggish going from idle to getting the car moving again as there would be a delay before car builds up speed and the cool air can get into the intake once again.

also get rid of the spoon n1 before you get a decat race manifold, it will be too loud trust
cheers mate.. I think my minds been made up, im either going to stick with oem airbox with a drop in filter and better cold air feed or go tegiwa m as all I want from remap mainly is slightly better performance... as far as the n1 goes iv thought its going to be loud so I think im reverting back to an oem style backbox but not fully decided yet..
By N77
We did a day at a dyno comparing a new induction kit with the AEM CAI and Gruppe M.

The Gruppe M did come out on top with an increase of 10bhp, then the AEM was not far behind.

I cannot remember what the figure was for the AEM, think it was around 8bhp.

Test was carried out with the bonnet down how it should be :D

Here is a video

I probably have the video of the AEM somewhere, but where is anyones guess :lol:
By J1mbo
N77 wrote:
*nub* wrote:But he was talking about AEMv2. ;)
Easy, that is shite.
Why is the v2 shite and have you tested it at all or just it's theoretically shite?
By J1mbo
So realistically calling an aem v2 shite is a little harsh, the only negative part about it is the fact when stationary it may suffer from heat soak a little quicker than an encased filter like the teg m.

I have an aem v2 on mine. I bought the car with it and can honestly say that the thought of heat soak is more in your head than in practise. As soon as the car moves and cooler air is in there then its back to as it should be. I've never felt a difference anyway.

Is the aem v2 no good for outright power?

Mines on rbc, tubular ex mani, 2.5 ex, aem v2 and k100 ment to be 247 at tdi.
By *nub*
J1mbo wrote:So realistically calling an aem v2 shite is a little harsh, the only negative part about it is the fact when stationary it may suffer from heat soak a little quicker than an encased filter like the teg m.

I have an aem v2 on mine. I bought the car with it and can honestly say that the thought of heat soak is more in your head than in practise. As soon as the car moves and cooler air is in there then its back to as it should be. I've never felt a difference anyway.

Is the aem v2 no good for outright power?

Mines on rbc, tubular ex mani, 2.5 ex, aem v2 and k100 ment to be 247 at tdi.
yeah don't worry your figure is legit, i'm pretty sure i've seen Paul recommending AEMV2 as a good, cheap induction kit. K&N typhoon has also achieved similar figures on a dyno, but not apollo... that is truly sh-t. Heatsoat occurs under the conditions I described, you may not notice it as you haven't compared it to a Tegiwa for example but as said when you're driving about at speed it's not an issue. I just see it as a bit of a drawback if you are stationary for a while.

also what manifold you got?

I wouldn't consider any of the dynos incorrect, TDi have tested many modern stock cars and got exactly the expected BHP out of them.
By J1mbo
I thought it was a touch high personally. I'd guess around the 230s genuinely. It goes well though to be fair. Good enough for my daily run around anyways lol.

Nub I meant a comparrison between a heat soaked bay to a stop and go run. Ie does heat soak make a noticeable difference in The real world and I can say I've never noticed it on my set up, hope that makes a little sense lol

I would say my manifold is a dc sports one going by the few I've seen.
By *nub*
J1mbo wrote:I thought it was a touch high personally. I'd guess around the 230s genuinely. It goes well though to be fair. Good enough for my daily run around anyways lol.

Nub I meant a comparrison between a heat soaked bay to a stop and go run. Ie does heat soak make a noticeable difference in The real world and I can say I've never noticed it on my set up, hope that makes a little sense lol

I would say my manifold is a dc sports one going by the few I've seen.
people have said it feels sluggish and they even say that the OEM box with hondata feels noticably better. I haven't had one myself though
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]