The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
By 6N2 GTI 00
I was back at TDI North this weekend having my Piper Manifold swapped over for a PLM.
This was the header I bought from Phil (Pulpmelonr) a few months back, I also had his 27mm progress front ARB too.

Massively impressed with the results [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Peak power remained the same but the mid-range torque that was being lost with the piper manifold was back to what it should be. The previous map was very jagged as the power & torque were dipping both on the crossover and at around 7krpm so I was keen to get those problems resolved. There issues were purely down to the header.

New map is immense :cool: those losses are now gone and it made power everywhere bar top end.
In places there was gains of over 20lbs ft which for these cars is a huge amount

Poor picture of the graph as my scanner is playing up

Thanks again to the lads at TDI [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Well on this test it's being compared against a Piper which is two piece header with either a removable sports cat section or de-cat pipe. The PLM is a lot more free flowing in design and has wider branches, it's all true race header so doesn't have any interuptions along the way.

Similar to the Toda but more affordable and slightly different in design
Last edited by 6N2 GTI 00 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By *nub*
6N2 GTI 00 wrote:Well on this test it's being compared against a Piper which is two piece header with either a removable sports cat section or de-cat pipe. The PLM is a lot more free flowing in design and has wider branches, it's all true race header so doesn't have any interuptions along the way.

Similar to the Toda but more affordable and slightly different in design
but the PLM header also appears to have a detachable decat pipe, I don't think that would cause any restriction? However the branches or runners or whatever they're called look to be much longer than on the piper.

Yeah the PLM does have a removable test pipe but it is required for fitting, not sure there is any CAT options for this header.
It doesn't have a flexi like most headers and the fitment is slightly different in terms of where it meets the B-Pipe

If you look at the piper I think the big restriction is where it goes from 4-2, I believe that is the cause of the problem.
I have had my car mapped 4 times now and the previous 3 maps it failed to deliver with the torque, PLM has totally resolved that problem whilst keeping peak power very healthy
nicko wrote:These are cracking bits of kit. I was thinking about a custom 70mm 2-1 and the custom 70mm cat-back for a great set-up
Yeah 70mm cat-back would be ideal for this header, i'm running it with a 3" (76mm) solid fabrications system and the fitment was fine :smile:
By nicko
6N2 GTI 00 wrote:
nicko wrote:These are cracking bits of kit. I was thinking about a custom 70mm 2-1 and the custom 70mm cat-back for a great set-up
Yeah 70mm cat-back would be ideal for this header, i'm running it with a 3" (76mm) solid fabrications system and the fitment was fine :smile:
Im going to go to alan as my kswap will need custom exhaust anyway so this mani and solid fab cat-back will be spot on

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]