The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
Its odd, but a larger than 2.5" collector actually seems to hurt power on a 2.0L, even if you are transitioning into a 3" + exhaust.

A chap on S2ki has performed years of testing on the F series and found the best exhaust profile on NASP S2000's looks a bit like this:

Keep the 2.5" collector size and taper up.
pulpmelon_r wrote:Great to see some serious gains from the bigger header.

As soon as VTEC pops the torque comes in spades!
Cheers Phil [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Header worked a treat and completely eliminated the issues I was having with the piper

Still some work to be done with the intake & throttle body but the car feels so much more lively now.
Feels quicker than it did this time round than when the cams were done, massive difference.
6N2 GTI 00 wrote:
pulpmelon_r wrote:Great to see some serious gains from the bigger header.

As soon as VTEC pops the torque comes in spades!
Cheers Phil [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Header worked a treat and completely eliminated the issues I was having with the piper

Still some work to be done with the intake & throttle body but the car feels so much more lively now.
Feels quicker than it did this time round than when the cams were done, massive difference.
Are you still on stock valve springs with the TDI-N stg 1's?

I cant see me doing anything with my old intake setup now, so let me know if you want that to try.
pulpmelon_r wrote: Are you still on stock valve springs with the TDI-N stg 1's?

I cant see me doing anything with my old intake setup now, so let me know if you want that to try.
Yeah stock valvetrain mate as TDI north mentioned :smile:
I need to look at the throttle body next ideally as there is too many steps at the moment (80mm intake, into 65mm throttle body and then 70mm ported RBC). I'm looking to get that smoothed out so it's a nice even flow and see what benefit that has, hopefully see a few more hp top end.

As for the intake i'm planning a custom one with some carbon tubing and a ITG filter with big V stack.
I want it to be a similar style to yours with it bending slightly towards the headlight rather than it being straight.
Cheers for the offer on the intake though, appreciate that [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By sendai
*nub* wrote:2.5" collector?
now, I use this cheap crap cinese header for about 4 years.
performance vs money ok but the build quality is just crap and I had to weld (more money time and hysteria spent instead of buying a proper header) all the parts , even the test pipe to the header to stop the gas leaks from the header gaps, joints, etc etc ....
not to mention the misalignment problems with the rest of the exhaust ....

... but, what`s the point using a true 2.5 collector and catback with this header when it's narrowed down to cca. 55mm in this section?

LE

misalignment solved , flexi pipe added and eliminated the 55 mm ring,

I guess that's why the PLM is so cheap for the power - its a bit pot luck if the one you get sent has been checked over by any sort of quality controller.

I had a good one a while back that I sold on, I used a little ultra high temp silicone to seal the pipes during assembly then Lou from TDI-N used a bit more during install. Was leak free that way.
The PLM Header i'm running (Phil's old one) has split in half twice in my ownership :lol: it's mainly the fault of my 3" solid fab exhaust which is really heavy and pulls against the header on hard acceleration. As a result (on two occasions) the pins that hold the sections together have all gone missing and it's pulled itself apart.

I can't describe how bad the car sounds when this happens :cool:
The last time it happened my mate kindly spot welded the joins and he fitted springs & exhaust bolts on the test pipe to act as a flexi.
So far this has done the trick but long term I can't see it resolving the issue, I need a better fitting catback ideally
6N2 GTI 00 wrote:The PLM Header i'm running (Phil's old one) has split in half twice in my ownership :lol: it's mainly the fault of my 3" solid fab exhaust which is really heavy and pulls against the header on hard acceleration. As a result (on two occasions) the pins that hold the sections together have all gone missing and it's pulled itself apart.

I can't describe how bad the car sounds when this happens :cool:
The last time it happened my mate kindly spot welded the joins and he fitted springs & exhaust bolts on the test pipe to act as a flexi.
So far this has done the trick but long term I can't see it resolving the issue, I need a better fitting catback ideally
Dayum mang, sorry to hear that!
pulpmelon_r wrote:Dayum mang, sorry to hear that!
No worries fella [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] the blame lies with my solid fabrications exhaust, I should have bought that TDI custom system you had for sale :lol:
6N2 GTI 00 wrote:
pulpmelon_r wrote:Dayum mang, sorry to hear that!
No worries fella [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] the blame lies with my solid fabrications exhaust, I should have bought that TDI custom system you had for sale :lol:
I was actually at TDI briefly this morning talking to Paul, my old 3" exhaust popped up recently on a Civic with a JRSC, so I know that still lives on somewhere.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]