The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
By Ryanjdm
I've got my car booked in at tdi north in October and just wondering what power I should expect to see with the following spec list.

K20a from aerial atom
Japapeed exhaust manifold
Straight though exhaust
Rbc intake bored out to 70mm
70mm throttle body
Tegiwa induction kit
K100 ecu
By Superman001
Ryanjdm wrote:I've got my car booked in at tdi north in October and just wondering what power I should expect to see with the following spec list.

K20a from aerial atom
Japapeed exhaust manifold
Straight though exhaust
Rbc intake bored out to 70mm
70mm throttle body
Tegiwa induction kit
K100 ecu
Whats the diameter of the exhaust?

If its a minimum of 2.5inch then I would guess about 247-252bhp :scratch:
By ::Adds::
250 ish on tdi's particular dyno...

Don't get happy, try another dyno and you will be sad..

Still, it's not about numbers anyway dude
By TDi-North
::Adds:: wrote:250 ish on tdi's particular dyno...

Really? :lol:

About 240 unless you go 3" exhaust then a bit more maybe.
By karl
you should get it onto a dyno to find out...no, wait...
By ::Adds::
TDi-North wrote:
::Adds:: wrote:250 ish on tdi's particular dyno...

Really? :lol:

About 240 unless you go 3" exhaust then a bit more maybe.
Judging by a few I've seen before.. 250 ish I said :salut:
By Ryanjdm
I know numbers not every thing an it's about the way it drive but why do you think the bhp will be around 240 as the ariel engine with hondata is 245 and I've seen people reach this power with the same mods I have on a k20a2 so surly the cams that are fitted in the k20a must help push abit more
Last edited by Ryanjdm on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bluntcap
Ryanjdm wrote:I know numbers not every thing an it's about the way it drive but why do you think the bhp will be around 240 as the ariel engine with honda ya is 245 and I've seen people reach this power with the same mods I have on a k20a2 so surly the cams that are fitted in the k20a must help push abit more
What BHP figure would you like us all to say to keep you happy?

255.......260.......275?

Why do you care? It's a number, in the grand scheme of how a car is set up it means basically nothing. The quality of the map is what counts, not the figure.Don't get hung up on it. You have a great engine, good quality breathing mods and a good sized exhaust. The car will breath better, burn fuel better and it will go faster. Forget about what the figure says.
By 6N2 GTI 00
K20A in the DC5 is 217 stock and 212 in the JDM EP3, whereas K20A2 used in the UK CTR's is 197.

If you do have the K20A engine it will have JDM cams which might give you an extra 5-6bhp, it also has higher compression pistons and different valve springs. You might get 245bhp+ on a good day

3" exhaust, better cams (TDI/A3's) & better header should get you 255+

It's how it drives on the road that counts, TDI will do a great job at mapping it so i'm sure you will be happy
By bluntcap
6N2 GTI 00 wrote:K20A in the DC5 is 217 stock and 212 in the JDM EP3
Only when run on the same Ron they use in Japan, the ECUs are mapped to 99 or 100 over there, so reduce it slightly if using 97.
By Ryanjdm
I'm not getting funny so please don't take it that way I am genuinely interested why the think it would be 240 like I've said I've seen k20a2 get 240odd with the same setup so surly have the JDM cams would just push it into the 250 mark as the engine I have fitted (k20a from a atom) is 245bhp according to there website
By bluntcap
Ryanjdm wrote:I'm not getting funny so please don't take it that way I am genuinely interested why the think it would be 240 like I've said I've seen k20a2 get 240odd with the same setup so surly have the JDM cams would just push it into the 250 mark as the engine I have fitted (k20a from a atom) is 245bhp according to there website
1st things 1st, just because it's from an Atom it don't mean shizz. It's a JDM spec K20 engine. The mapping, induction and exhaust on the Atom is what makes its power.

So you have a JDM spec engine (better cams etc), that will be mapped on a new induction and exhaust set up to the Atom. If you run 97 Ron with the breathing mods you have, it will be fast, regardless of the figure.
By Ryanjdm
bluntcap wrote:
Ryanjdm wrote:I'm not getting funny so please don't take it that way I am genuinely interested why the think it would be 240 like I've said I've seen k20a2 get 240odd with the same setup so surly have the JDM cams would just push it into the 250 mark as the engine I have fitted (k20a from a atom) is 245bhp according to there website
1st things 1st, just because it's from an Atom it don't mean shizz. It's a JDM spec K20 engine. The mapping, induction and exhaust on the Atom is what makes its power.

So you have a JDM spec engine (better cams etc), that will be mapped on a new induction and exhaust set up to the Atom. If you run 97 Ron with the breathing mods you have, it will be fast, regardless of the figure.
Right I see now I thought the atom ran the same inlet as a dc5/JDM ep3 and thought it had somthing else different apart from the exhaust to make 245bhp
By 6N2 GTI 00
Exhaust system including the header & mapping can make a huge difference on a K20, the air intake system will also be different on the atom which again can have a big impact on the performance
By bluntcap
Ryanjdm wrote: Right I see now I thought the atom ran the same inlet as a dc5/JDM ep3 and thought it had somthing else different apart from the exhaust to make 245bhp
Yea the inlet is the same as it's a JDM spec engine, but the JDM inlet isn't massively different than the UKDM one, it has slight benefits. But that won't matter to you as you will have an Rbc intake bored out to 70mm & 70mm throttle body, so it doesn't matter if the engine has a better inlet than the UKDM as your inlet blows the JDM inlet out of the water.

The JDM spec engine has better profile cams and different compression if I remember correctly.

BRO it will be fast, don't sweat the small stuff, TDi will take good care of you.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]