The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
By 6N2 GTI 00
Spent yesterday at TDI North getting a set of their cams fitted with some 440cc Honda injectors.
Happy enough with the results considering it was a warm day in Warrington but I was slightly disappointed with the torque.

Paul has put it down to the design of the Piper header and it would seem it’s restricting the mid range torque quite badly. Thankfully it won’t be on for much longer as I have already purchased a PML header so next time I visit TDI North they will be fitting the new header for me and then tweaking the map. It should be somewhere between 175/180 in the mid range so the header is badly letting it down at the moment, hopefully the PML will rectify this.

My car actually made 3lbs ft of torque more last time it was mapped and the curve was really smooth which is no longer the case. I’m sure that will be put right with the new header so I’m quite interested to see how it gets on next time, hoping to get it fitted in maybe October time.

Power wise it’s what I expected due to the temperature as last time mine was on the dyno it was a cold November morning :smile:

One of the Civic Cup EP3’s was in for a tune due to a fuel pressure issue and that pulled 245bhp but previously pulled 259. There was also a K20’d EK4 in for a remap which made 268bhp (previously 275).

Massive thanks to all the lads at TDI North
By 6N2 GTI 00
Cheers fella [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

The cams are £1200 + VAT supplied, installed & dyno tuned

Not sure if TDI will be changing name to be honest, I know they are fully independant now but I pressume the name will be kept the same?
By Wingnuttzz
I stand to be corrected here but were you not expecting nearer 270bhp?

With your mods and normal cams I thought 250bhp was normal for TDi's dyno.
By FunkyRemix
Ah right its just their site is currently down and surely trading with the same name and no affiliation would be odd.

Any future plans ? Also, are you running the Piper with a decat pipe or sports cat?
By 6N2 GTI 00
Wingnuttzz wrote:I stand to be corrected here but were you not expecting nearer 270bhp?

I was expecting around 260 mate but I think the header & temperature played a part in that.
270 is a very high figure for NA, to achieve that it normally requires aggressive cams, aftermarker valve springs and often head porting too.
FunkyRemix wrote:Ah right its just their site is currently down and surely trading with the same name and no affiliation would be odd.

Any future plans ? Also, are you running the Piper with a decat pipe or sports cat?
Yeah I noticed the site was being updated too but i'm not sure if they will be changing their trading name

I'm currently running the Piper with a De-cat pipe mate although I do have the sports CAT too for MOT purposes.
Future plans will be to swap the Piper for a PML race header, get that heat wrapped/ceramic coated and make up a velocity stack intake. I will be looking at getting the head port matched to the intake too but that won't be until next year
By Wingnuttzz
6N2 GTI 00 wrote:
Wingnuttzz wrote:I stand to be corrected here but were you not expecting nearer 270bhp?

I was expecting around 260 mate but I think the header & temperature played a part in that.
270 is a very high figure for NA, to achieve that it normally requires aggressive cams, aftermarket valve springs and often head porting too.

Ahh, interesting stuff.

It is all just a number after all, its all about the drive-ability :cool:
By 6N2 GTI 00
Wingnuttzz wrote:
Ahh, interesting stuff.

It is all just a number after all, its all about the drive-ability :cool:
Couldn't agree more mate it's how it feels on the roads where it matters [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By 6N2 GTI 00
trancem wrote:how much difference do the cams make?
Difference power wise or in terms of driveability?

They work perfectly well on the stock valve springs and give the same kind of gains as the Toda A3's (if not more)
Idle is the same as stock too so they get the thumbs up from me [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By TDi-North
Bit of an odd on that as its making the peak just not the midrange so putting it down to the Piper manifold that has really short primaries. If you think about it the design of the manifold is there to add a cat or decat section if needed so in theory the whole manifold is shorter than a normal race one by a fair bit.

Regarding company name we actually started the split from Torque Developments International, abbreviated to "TDi" about this time last year so its not something that’s suddenly happened. Our trading name is simply "TDI North" and as we have a good brand name and pretty well known not much point changing it right now. In the future you never know though as we are building new associations and partnerships so things will maybe change but at the moment no plans. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By 6N2 GTI 00
Yeah the peak power is very good and it does drive very well too, not quite as smooth as it was previously but I'm sure that won't be the case when the new header is fitted.
I will give you guys a call next month to get it booked in for October [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]