The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
Good result mate [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

RBC should be next on your list, look at the way the torque drops off at 7300rpm
Nevertheless still excellent figures, especially in this heat wave were having
As always with tdi north take the results with a pinch of salt. Im glad your happy and im sure it drives well but numbers are just numbers.
My very healthy dc5 with
Dc sports manifold
Rbc
Injen induction
Full 2.5" exhaust
K100 made 230hp when it was tuned back on a very cold January at eurospec and it pulls like a train.
There was a guy with an ep3 that had his car dynod before me made 211hp,within a month he went to tdi north for a map tweak after fitting an injen like mine and his result was 253hp.
Tdi north done the before and after run and before the tweak it was registered as being 249hp.
Sorry for the lecture but some people get way too stuck up on numbers.
O and to give you an idea of how well mine pulls at 230hp I can stick with my friends mr2 turbo that is supposedly running 300hp near as dam it.
Just to clarify the ep3 in question was 211 FLYWHEEL hp at eurospec and 249 FLYWHEEL hp at tdi north a month later with no changes to the set up. I spoke to him and it had an rbc and dc sports manifold like mine and k100 but was running standard airbox.
Discrepancy of 38hp between the 2 dynos. Ok they were done a month apart but still that's WAY out.
Tdi north are well known for shall we say happy dyno results. At a guess from other results I've seen my car would most likely read around the 260 mark at tdi north which would be far too much for basic breathing mods on my car.
You have to take into account the eurospec dyno is notorious for under reading
Stock EP3's generally make 185 at eurospec and a stock DC5 would probably only pull 200 on their dyno

230 for the mods you have is extremely low, especially when the DC5 has 217 stock
I would have thought yours would pull around 245ish on TDI's dyno which would be about right for that set-up
I really dont think it's notoriously low, my car yes would have had 217bhp from new on Japans high octane fuel,but my car is now 12 year's old with 99k on the clock. Im not nieve enough to believe that it hasn't lost power over all those years,I know Honda engines are really good at holding on to their ponies but some will be lost.
With all my bolt on parts before tuning my car showed 212bhp. And 230bhp afterwards which is a healthy increase. Tdi north is widely regarded as the most optimistic reading out of the ones in the UK regularly used by Honda's. I do understand if given 2 different numbers most people would quote the higher number.
To put it in perspective without forced induction a true 230bhp would require cams,head work,higher compression and all the usual mods on a dc2, so 230bhp for my simple bolt on mods im very happy with.
The eurospec torque figures are generally higher than TDI's with the power figure being usually lower.
Neither will be 100% accurate at the end of the day but I do think TDI get a hard time over their figures

When they did a dyno run of a Stock M20 Mugen FN2 it pulled 240 dead which suggests to me their dyno is pretty accurate. Craig on (C2AXG) had his JDM EP3 mapped at Eurospec and that pulled 241bhp (similar spec to yours) so perhaps your figures were lower than average, even for the Eurospec dyno.

Dyno comparisons between tuners will always be surrounded in controversy
It's the bum dyno where it counts, as long as the car feels better that's all that really matters
Well im back at eurospec on the 23rd this month for a map tweak as in the morning im getting a new 3" custom exhaust made and fitted by solid fab so I can update on new numbers after that.
But likeI've said before it's only a number and I dont really care if mine is lower than someone else's as long as it pulls well.
Good choice with the 3" catback [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

I'm running on of thoese on my EP3, Alan at Solid fabrications is a top bloke.
Yours would also benefit from having the RBC ported and matched with a 70mm throttle body

It's all small gains though unfortunately, NA tuning is very expensive
Ye the porting and bigger throttle body is an option for a few more but cost vs gain for me are not worth it.
I have some paintwork I want to do and then new synchros and final drive and im done spending.
Maybe a few odds and sods after that but mainly just keeping it clean and tidy.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]