The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
mickdj wrote:so other than a number at the end of it, does having it mapped in the summer or winter make any difference ?
Not really.
We have had issues with a couple of cars in extreme heat and that's mainly due to the tires getting really hot on the rollers and values move about a bit. I just get as far as I can and get owner to pop back in a few days later when things have cooled down just to double check.

We have similar problems with cars running slicks or mad cambers so often end up moving settings or sticking on a set of road tires.

Big advantage with hub dynos is wheels play no part but to be fair it's only affected about 3 cars in last 5 years so no big problem really.
TDi-North wrote:Always said the RBC looses midrange but gains at peak and you can clearly see it here. Been stupidly hot as well so as has been said pop back when its cooler and see about another 5bhp. That or your cars fecked! :lol:

Oh and dyno 10bhp happy? Funny enough had a car in that was mapped by a very well known person elsewhere very recently that was running a bit poorly with GM, RBC, Tegiwa manifold and good catback as well as a set of JDM cams. He said they made 257 at peak when he had finished.
I stuck it on the dyno and it made 239. Hit 245 after remap. Certainly no 257 though.
Also had a B-Series Turbo setup built and mapped by a company in Sheffield and owner had a sheet saying over 270bhp. It hit 230 on ours. Certainly couldn't tamper with the map as its chrome and we don't touch that stuff and no variables on our dyno to adjust, it just reads what it reads and is very repeatable which is the main thing. :wink:

Different dyno's read differently and can't really be compared unless same type. Only people that have the same setup as us in the UK that I know of are Owen Developments, and Regal Tuning. These actually measures on the run up and run down. Big heavy rollers that are electronically load controlled. Get one of the small lightweight ones like a Dyno Dynamics that only measures on the run up then gives outputs based on a whole bunch of variables and user input correction factors and its going to be different even between dyno's of the same type.
Sounds about right. I had my Integra Turbo setup and mapped by 'a company' in Sheffield on Chrome and it was truly awful. Partly due to it being road mapped only. Luckily people who know what they are doing with proper equipment also reside near Sheffield like Will @ RDT.

I'm going to inherit an EP3 that you guys have tuned previously with a K100 (RBC, Manifold, Exhaust, Decat, typical breathing mods) however as the Exhaust is too loud for me, do you offer tweaking of existing maps from previous customers if I were to change the exhaust to something less intrusive, give it a service and bring it over to you for a dyno tweaking session? If so I will PM or call you during the week to get a price.

I don't care about figures. I just want accurate and optimised ignition timing and fueling done by respected companies.
So purchased a 3" custom exhaust from Solid Fabrication's and got it fitted as well as the map tweaked at TDi North yesterday. The car is now what it should have been all along, it's super fun to drive!

Thanks to the guy who recommended me the Solid Fabrications exhaust on here and Alan who was patient with me and did a GREAT job with the exhaust!
And thanks to the guys at TDi North especially Paul, who tuned the car amazingly well.

Result:

Its all about the big exhausts. Powers all made in the manifold. After that you need to get the gasses out as quickly as possible. If it was a 2.5" you would be lucky to see 245.
Noisy exhausts might sound great but in reality noise is energy. Its caused by turbulence in the exhaust which results ultimately in generating back pressure and a resistance so again will loose you power.
By ep3-786
6N2 GTI 00 wrote:Nice results mate :salut: is that it for now or any more plans in the pipeline?
Cheers mate [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Power wise, that is it for now. Next year... hopefully getting it Turbo'd :twisted:
By 6N2 GTI 00
ep3-786 wrote: Power wise, that is it for now. Next year... hopefully getting it Turbo'd :twisted:
Fair play [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Have you got a LSD on this yet or is that on the list too? Big set of brakes would be a sound investment too but the list can be endless at times :P
By ep3-786
6N2 GTI 00 wrote: Fair play [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Have you got a LSD on this yet or is that on the list too? Big set of brakes would be a sound investment too but the list can be endless at times :P
Well after a discussion with Paul, i'm now going down the supercharger route (JRSC). It's a lot cheaper then i thought it would be!
Big brakes, LSD, carbon bonnet, carbon spoiler and more all on the list to get done still!
By 6N2 GTI 00
Nice one fella [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

What sort of price is it for the charger & fitting?
I was quoted last year by CPL but if I ever got one I would get TDI to fit & map it
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]