The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
By Ernie96
6N2 GTI 00 wrote:What the hell was that golf running :shock:
Big power 1.8T... in my experience they last about 3 miles... so its probly dead after that blast! [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By skinnyman9000
Ernie96 wrote:
Big power 1.8T... in my experience they last about 3 miles... so its probly dead after that blast! [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
The 1.8T lumps are known to run 350bhp+ on stock internals
By L_S_i
skinnyman9000 wrote:
Ernie96 wrote:
This golf is 400+ on forged internals
By pulpmelon_r
L_S_i wrote:
skinnyman9000 wrote:
Ernie96 wrote:
This golf is 400+ on forged internals
Snap
By Lewisgame
skinnyman9000 wrote:
Ernie96 wrote:
350bhp is very risky on stock internals on the 1.8t. Anything over 300 should have uprated rods fitted.
By 6N2 GTI 00
It's the torque that bends the rods but I think the BAM engine suffers from that a lot (S3, TT & LCR).
You are right though anything 300+ should have forged rods & pistons
By Lewisgame
They all suffer from it. You've probably heard the BAM engine code a lot as it's got a big port head and is best for big bhp and everyone bangs on about them.
Surprisingly the pistons are good for well over 300!
By ::Adds::
L_S_i wrote:
::Adds:: wrote:I've had my car tuned by OP, top job...
Who´s OP ? Are you talking about CTR WTF? Because im the one who tuned it and my name is Pedro [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
*original poster (you!) :-D
By G.
It's nice to see some more fairly high output all motor set ups. Interesting to see another approach too, we have similar outputs which is good going, I've slightly more capacity, a few teaspoons or thereabouts. Out of interest Pedro, what advance are you running? I'm still running a stock TSX gear but plan on swapping it out for something we can dial a few more degrees into.

Either way. Keep up the good work.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]