The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
By 6N2 GTI 00
Good result but as T180985 mentioned the torque curve is not very smooth

179 lbs ft is great but you have it for what 100/200rpm and then it drops to 170 and then again to 165ish

Not knocking it but it's all about a smooth torque curve when it comes to tuning, difficult to achieve all the time but I think if you get yourself an RBC intake manifold it should help flatten out the mid-range torque [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By TDi-North
RBC's a top mod. See where your plot flattens off at 7500 thats where the RBC sarts making power. It looses a bit lower down but shifts power band up and holds torque longer. You will see about 10bhp at peak with that and you can feel it pulling all the way where at the moment you will start to feel it die off at top end.

Get it done then back to Romain for a tweak. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By beefy
TDi-North wrote:RBC's a top mod. See where your plot flattens off at 7500 thats where the RBC sarts making power. It looses a bit lower down but shifts power band up and holds torque longer. You will see about 10bhp at peak with that and you can feel it pulling all the way where at the moment you will start to feel it die off at top end.

Get it done then back to Romain for a tweak. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Is it worth getting a 70mm tb aswell, any ideas which one to go for, cheers. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By bluntcap
Good results without an RBC, I had similar with my 1st set up without an RBC, 239.6bhp & 168.4 lb/ft, your torque is very good :salut:
By 6N2 GTI 00
Peak torque is good but the curve is fairly poor
Get an RBC mate [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] you won't be disapointed
By Linus27
Interesting discussion. Has made me consider an RBC now before I get a remap.
By 6N2 GTI 00
Skunk 2 intake is just as good as the RBC and you don't have to modify the slam panel

Downside is it's £500 instead of £200/250
The modification to the slam panel really is no big deal, 10 minute job to remove and another 30 mins cutting & tweaking to get it right.

Don't let it put you off [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By motty
It doesn't even need cutting, put a bit of pressure on it and bend it down slightly
By 6N2 GTI 00
motty wrote:It doesn't even need cutting, put a bit of pressure on it and bend it down slightly
Are you sure? Even with mine cut down there is virtually no clearance
By motty
Yep, seen it done on here and did it to my mates when I fitted his rbc for him
By 6N2 GTI 00
Fair doo's [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] good to know although I still think cutting it would be the best option visually, if done properly ofcourse

Thinking of getting an RRC for mine next so it might need some more cutting :lol:
By bluntcap
6N2 GTI 00 wrote:Fair doo's [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] good to know although I still think cutting it would be the best option visually, if done properly ofcourse

Thinking of getting an RRC for mine next so it might need some more cutting :lol:
I think you need to remove the slam panel for them never mind cut them.
By 6N2 GTI 00
Not sure because not many people fit them to an EP3 (possibly why)

There is very little difference in terms of length so I think it could be done, might have to give it a try [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]