The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
By pdapaul
Correct,
And that reason is that the density of the charge within the combustion chamber is sufficient to raise pressures so significantly to stop the spark being produced in the first place. This is why reducing the gap on the plug is a good idea to aid in the production of a spark undef these conditions. Exactly the same happens on turbo cars known as being blown out.

But the ignition being upgraded is not due to temperature, but due to physical effort required to ignite such a large volume of mixture. Intake temps are still really high compared with atmospheric temps regardless and my car will still start at -10degrees

That's celcius not ignition :smile:
By pdapaul
FireBIade2 wrote:Nice! Looks like it takes off after 5000 rpm lol

Good brakes!?
It does, proper funny :lol:
No just standard brakes. My intention for the build is just to try and be quick on the 1/4 mile and that has ages to stop [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Less than a month now till I try it properly ...can't wait :-D
By pdapaul
Back to TDi today.....AND IT'S STILL ALIVE :twisted:

I've changed quite a bit of the nos setup and updated most of the nitrous kit so it was time to dial it in.

Paul did a few base runs, and everything looked good, then it was time for the nitrous. Thankfully Paul suggested we start at the low end of the jets I have, so we started with the 125bhp shot(we can go up to 250 above)

IT WAS FECKING MENTAL!!!

That run was 426bhp and 290ftlb!!!!!!

From a 125bhp jet and that was still running rich (10.5 AFR and with 8 degrees of ignition pulled). God only knows what it would have pushed if we had the chance to dial it in fully

Unfortunately we only managed a couple of runs on nos as my new clutch appeared to have grown a mangina and fannied out!!! :bumsmack:

So next dyno is in February, so we will see what we get when we try the 250 nos jet!!!! :shocked!:
By pdapaul
Yes just normal 97 unleaded.

Sundays off now so will probably be the RWYB in February. It should all be set up then and my slicks will have landed. You up for it??
Would be really interested to see how the nos compares to your charger. Would also be grateful for advise on how to put the power down :???:
By T180985
pdapaul wrote:Yes just normal 97 unleaded.

Sundays off now so will probably be the RWYB in February. It should all be set up then and my slicks will have landed. You up for it??
Would be really interested to see how the nos compares to your charger. Would also be grateful for advise on how to put the power down :???:
yea i may come along and see how you get on! drop me a pm nearer the time

so your running 425bhp off a 125 jet and your still planning on going up to a 250 jet on a stock engine?
By pdapaul
Nah, it would just be carnage :-D

I don't even think it would be worth trying it on dyno for lulz. The plan was always to stay within the 300ftlb limit, and we are nearly there already. So we'll get this setting right and then get some running under our belts
By T180985
pdapaul wrote:Nah, it would just be carnage :-D

I don't even think it would be worth trying it on dyno for lulz. The plan was always to stay within the 300ftlb limit, and we are nearly there already. So we'll get this setting right and then get some running under our belts
yea should be interesting to see this run up the drag strip, you should take a laptop with you and do some data logging [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]