The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
By galps
Pretty new to dyno results and understanding them so after a bit of help.

Had it dyno'd at powerstation in tewkesbury, and got the following results:

Power 222.1bhp
Wheel Power 141.7bhp
Drag 79.5bhp
Max Power at 8410 Rpm at 126.8Mph
Torque 140 lb/ft
Max Torque at 7220 Rpm 108.9mph
Max RPM 8435rpm at 127.2 Mph

Im guessing the the drag is pretty high, although it was raining and they had to spray some kind of solvent on the wheels (they only did this on a few of the cars though). Apart from that, im not sure if its about right, not a clue if they are all around what they should be.

Will upload a pic of the graph when possible.

I've heard that Powerstation are pretty accurate, think Sandy Brown uses them as a second opinion.

Cheers
Last edited by galps on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By galps
The car is a bit of a one off.

It was a honda show car for the first two years, then owned by a manager at Honda Solihull.

He had a custom map put on it, which im guessing is similar to the JDM K20a maps.

Its also has an Apexi CAI with all custom made cold air piping and Stainless Heatshielding.
The Induction kit also has a chrome connection piece and SFS piping to join onto the Throttle Body.

The exhaust system has been changed to a custom made Mandrel bent Infinity Catback.

Cheers
By Alex-B
So a cai, catback and and remap?

I'd say you're power is spot on tbh, nothing to worry about, you need a header if you want bigger numbers, that's where the gains are [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By galps
L_S_i wrote:That dyno is a MAHA, so its normal de huge drag power. I think your max numbers are ok, altough the power and torque lines could be much improved.
with another map remap or vtec controller?
By kingofdbrits
How do you turn 141whp into 222bhp? 79bhp drag? I don't understand that either.

When i've been on dyno's i just get a whp reading, sometimes you can get bhp but i'm not that bothered about bhp apart from it being a bigger number.
By galps
Alex-B wrote:K100/ K-PRO is your friend
Too expensive for an extra 20-30bhp though :(
The custom map the guy at Solihull honda had put on it is pretty good tbf.
The vtec switchover sounds more like the oldskool b16s rather than most of the K20a2's ive heard at the rolling road day.
Some on Kpro, you couldnt even hear the switchover!

Economy wise its pretty good too, getting 30mpg average and 300-310 miles to a tank of high octane.
Out of interest, does anyone else get a significant fuel increase when using higher octane fuel.
Standard fuel ( i only tend to get around 260 miles to a tank), ever since using the higher octane, usually BP ultimate ive noticed the extra 50 miles or so????
By Alex-B
650-700 quid or w/ever they're going for atm is cheap for 20-30hp gain on a n/a engine. If you come to sell up, you can sell it on for what you paid. Have you got a piggyback ECU? Don't think the standard one is mappable. Vtec crossover and rev limit look standard to me :vconf:

I use vpower and definitely get better mpg
By motty
I agree the the dyno chart looks like standard change over and rev limiter, of you compare it to mine you will see
By galps
Darkhawk wrote:hes on standard ecu

so literaly is a cai and exhaust

as said above the vtec and the limiter are standard but its high power for no map

all i can think.of.adam.is it is actualy a jdm engine
this is exactly my thoughts. I would expect to see a 10bhp gain or so from a cai and exhaust.
I'm not 100% sure what they had done at solihull honda. Think is was just a case of the manager (who owned the car after it was replaced by a facelift), gave it to the guys in the garage and told them to "do want they want with it". Apart from that, I have no idea what they did to find the extra power.

I know they replaced a few of the pre-facelift stuff with facelift too, ie flywheel, steering rack updates, and something else to do with 2nd gear popping out on vtec???

Either i have found an extra 15bhp or the rollers are 15bhp out???
By L_S_i
galps wrote:
Darkhawk wrote:hes on standard ecu

so literaly is a cai and exhaust

as said above the vtec and the limiter are standard but its high power for no map

all i can think.of.adam.is it is actualy a jdm engine
this is exactly my thoughts. I would expect to see a 10bhp gain or so from a cai and exhaust.
I'm not 100% sure what they had done at solihull honda. Think is was just a case of the manager (who owned the car after it was replaced by a facelift), gave it to the guys in the garage and told them to "do want they want with it". Apart from that, I have no idea what they did to find the extra power.

I know they replaced a few of the pre-facelift stuff with facelift too, ie flywheel, steering rack updates, and something else to do with 2nd gear popping out on vtec???

Either i have found an extra 15bhp or the rollers are 15bhp out???

Sure you got that extra power with that two mods, but believe me, with a kpro and a tune you would see great beneficts in power, response and fuel consuption, its night from day. In my opinion its worth every peny,

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]