The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
By billster
I would say Eurospec have a very conservative dyno compared to TDI. Not saying one is better or more accurate. Just that figures tend to be higher at TDI than Eurospec. Usually they will tell you what could be changed to improve it though?
By integraleo
Ye there was another guy there with ep3 that went on dyno before me,he said he had buddyclub exhaust and dc header,cant remember if he had rbc or not think he might have.
He fitted k100 but it was tuned with similar mods on a different car so not specific to his,he said it went so much better after the k100 was fitted and his car made 211 on dyno,before mine was mapped that day mine made 212.there was a Toyota dyno day same day I went and they were all saying numbers were low.
As for better cat back I agree it would probably make a bit of difference but by time I've paid 6-700 for second hand exhaust,then 100+ in fuel to get there and back plus map tweak that's 1000 quid for maybe 5-10 hp tops
By 6N2 GTI 00
The UK EP3 CTR generally makes more power from bolts than a DC5/FN2/FD2 and even JDM EP3 because its runs at a lower compression.

No other Honda responds better to breathing mods than the UKDM EP3
By Steve_EK9
TDi-North wrote:
devil84 wrote:Did they have any comments about the itg being restrictive?
No because I was tied up with a team from the University of Liverpool when the car was collected but it was definatly restrictive. You would see significant increases in peak with something like a GM or AEM with the PRC manifold fitted. The PRC's do work well. Car felt really nice on the road though. Pleasure to drive. :)
Out of interest...

What gear do you run your cars in on the dyno? 5th? Do you see a difference in results if you were to run the car in 4th or do you amend your readings based on gears? Similar to if the car had different tyre sizes on.
By motty
Steve_EK9 wrote:
TDi-North wrote:
devil84 wrote:Did they have any comments about the itg being restrictive?
No because I was tied up with a team from the University of Liverpool when the car was collected but it was definatly restrictive. You would see significant increases in peak with something like a GM or AEM with the PRC manifold fitted. The PRC's do work well. Car felt really nice on the road though. Pleasure to drive. :)
Out of interest...
U
What gear do you run your cars in on the dyno? 5th? Do you see a difference in results if you were to run the car in 4th or do you amend your readings based on gears? Similar to if the car had different tyre sizes on.
Here's mine ran in 5th and hit the limiter at 132mph

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]