The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
leetec wrote:I was at tdi north with my car on sat and their was roughly a 50bhp difference between the flywheel and the wheel power.
That will change with different power outputs as it is a percentage. What was your bhp to take 50bhp frpm it?
Liam Type-R wrote:
leetec wrote:I was at tdi north with my car on sat and their was roughly a 50bhp difference between the flywheel and the wheel power.
That will change with different power outputs as it is a percentage. What was your bhp to take 50bhp frpm it?
knowing lees car, prob about 600hp :lol:
I'm not very clued up on how dyno's calculate fly wheel power but why would it change if the power of the car is higher? It's still driving the same gearbox and wheels so surely the power loss should stay the same regardless of how much power the engine produces?

Mines made 400bhp 350 at the wheels :lol: :liar:
Nice power. :cool:

It works as a percentage, say it was 10% just to demonstrate, car goes in at 200bhp 10% loss of that would be 20bhp, 200bhp - 20bhp = 180whp.

A car with 400bhp car goes in, 10% loss would be 40bhp. 400bhp - 40bhp = 360whp.

The more power it has the more it has to lose through the transmission because it is a percentage and not a set number.

If a car had 60bhp and lost a set 50bhp because of transmission loss he would be a little annoyed. :lol:
When we had the rolling road session it was quite hot, the car had been on for hours, it was spinning on the rollers so what was achieved was very good indeed. I'd love to add a few more bits etc and see if i could hit the 400mark but I think anymore power and it will be undrivable, as soon as vtec comes in it spins, and again at 6000rpm so its fine how it is! Cheers TDi [smilie=karls_thumb.gif] [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]