The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
Finally got to Tdi north and had a great day there.

Rev limit has been reduced, need more fuelling sorted in the new year hopefully.

ENGINE SPEC
Std block and head
Rotrex stage 2 by TTS with Front intercooler
Custom made intake manifold
AEM CAI
650 injectors
Kidd Racing manifold 4-2-1
Feels Titanium exhaust system with mid and rear silencers
Quaife LSD
Clutchmasters Clutch

Its now totally transformed, feels like a new car. The previous map was completely wrong done by another tuner.
Last edited by goher on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Just to put it in some context this is the original Baby Rotrex first tune from the 2006 TDi North Rolling Road Day.

Like yours it was on 650CC injectors and was maxing out the fuel. Paul's done a superb job there on tuning yours. I think the its interesting that you don't have the powerspike at VTEC cross over - I reckon this is down to mine having the standard inlet runners where as yours has the TTS plenum. Its got me thinking that maybe we should go this set-up for the Time Attack car. Overall your powers up because of the intercooler and because yours has a more free flowing manifold and exhaust.

You've got the makings of a really special little EP3 there Bud!

Seano
Thanks guys :thumbup:

Thats great Seano, really pleased that you put that old dyno print up from 2006, to compare the two graphs. Paul has indeed done a great job of mapping mine, all the bits(charger,plenum,exhaust,etc) must be working in harmony with each other. Some very steep lines on the old graph, I bet it was still great to drive, and fast too.

Its really a shame that we didn't do a dyno print before the mods and mapping. You would have been amazed at how badly it had been setup previously. :shock:

Really looking foward to driving it in fairer weather, and meeting up at events etc.
foolserrand1985 wrote:
bluntcap wrote:And it has a Feels exhaust :cooldude: Nice to see another Feels owner, also show the exhausts are good with chargers :cooldude: :thumbup:
All lies, the boost is just compensating for the terrible design...
:badrazz:
Yea yea fools :lol:
It maybe down on power @ 5K but that doesn't really matter in the real world as it will be more driveable. Baby used to break traction in 4th on a dry road as it went into VTEC!

Look how Dave struggles with the power and torque steer coming out of slow corners.

The otherway to deal with this might be to use the Hondata in gear mapping and boost valve to cut boost in second and maybe 3rd gear.

Seano
Update, 22/08/2012

Got back upto TDi North for new air filter and remap.
Last edited by goher on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
seano wrote:It maybe down on power @ 5K but that doesn't really matter in the real world as it will be more driveable. Baby used to break traction in 4th on a dry road as it went into VTEC!

Look how Dave struggles with the power and torque steer coming out of slow corners.

The otherway to deal with this might be to use the Hondata in gear mapping and boost valve to cut boost in second and maybe 3rd gear.

Seano
Is that a warm up lap? :lol:
Sure, the cars fast on the straights but he's hardly going for it in the bends.
If you've not got a drift on coming out of duffis you're not going fast enough :-D
wrong car description, it was on before me.

seems to be 10-15 ft lbs up in the lower rev range.

previous ambient temp 5'c, yesterday was 18'c.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]