The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
Liam Type-R wrote:Would it be right to say that the shorter the intake the less smooth the air comes in at and the longer, the smoother it comes in but more drag,so maybe slower ideally need the length somewhere in between to get the right mix?

So its flowing nicely but at a good speed.
We were looking at the results of resonance tuning aka ram theory or accoustic charging: http://www.chrysler300club.com/uniq/all ... theory.htm

The skunk2 IM has pretty short runners, so to stack-up the soundwaves correctly a longer intake tube was needed.

Also we think a longer run made the airflow less turbulent and of higher velocity.
MrCTR! wrote:Sorry to see it wasn't what you expected mate, I bet you're wishing you never sold me your old set-up....
The thought did cross my mind.... But hey ho, I know what I need to improve the design now - v2.0 will come up with the goods [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
I only took a few pics this afternoon as its pi55ing down again:

The main features of v2.0 are:

* Lots more length
* Cold air supply
* 3.5" untill the last 8" section
* bigger filter (not shown, keeping it dry indoors)

The idea is more velocity, colder air and less turbulence at the thottle buy moving the 3.5" > 3" transition back a bit.

I need a fit a new knock sensor then off to those flipping cowboys in Warrington again [smilie=laff.gif]
RM CYA wrote:think he meant for his own car broski!

looking good man! fingers crossed this time round! beast of a CAI!! :cool:
oh I haz mong moment there...

Cheers Brosef, really can't be arsed making a v3, so It had better work this time :lol:
Liam Type-R wrote:Yeah meant for mine, looks wrong the way it is.

Hopefully all goes to plan for you this time. What filter you using on it? What happened to your arch liner?
Makes me LOL when companies try and charge 100's for a catch can setup, I made mine for £25

I've a big K&N left over from last years v-stack tests that is perfect for Girthatron v2.

And ET30 with 225/45/17's is what happened to my arch :lol:
It wants to feel good with a foooking huge 3.5" intake!

If carlsberg ever did air intakes for the ep3 it would be this lol!

If I still had my ep3 I'd be begging you to do me one lol :-)
jreedy wrote:It wants to feel good with a foooking huge 3.5" intake!

If carlsberg ever did air intakes for the ep3 it would be this lol!

If I still had my ep3 I'd be begging you to do me one lol :-)
Thanks for the props dude! Much appriciated!

It was pretty simple to make with a few alu bends and silicone hoses off flea bay, only task was angle grinding the sh*t out of the chassis.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]