The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
By Ken8
TEGIWA IMPORTS wrote:Program should be done soon, then it'll be straight on the machine.

Thanks
What program? This velocity stack incorporated into your intake??? I'll test it out :salut:
This just showed up from the USA:

3.5" ID Velocity stack

I'm going to do a cold air feed from the fog light hole (ditched the foglights last week)

Got a knock off mugen splitter to hack up and make the cold air feed bellmouth fit.

Should be fun
By joeR
You going to be relocating the battery still bud? Really interested to see how this works out.
pulpmelon_r wrote:This just showed up from the USA:

3.5" ID Velocity stack

I'm going to do a cold air feed from the fog light hole (ditched the foglights last week)

Got a knock off mugen splitter to hack up and make the cold air feed bellmouth fit.

Should be fun
This worked well for me custom CPL Racing using a half rad. Picked up around 3-5bhp my intake temps dropped aslow as 19degrees i have logs to back this up with the aem i was at 45-50 at lowest. When i raced i removed the filter and it got even better. I think not having the full rad helps because with them your blocking cold air into the bay and also heating up what does get though. The hot air from the rad hits the intake pipe and slowly warms it up. I am actually going to put this kit for sale its sat doing nothing

Same size as the stock throttlebody it goes alittle bigger at the end for the filter :) if anyone would like any logs i can email them i was impressed with the temps
Please dont laugh peeps but i made my own to fit in the Tegiwa.

May not work but was in a creative mood at the weekend :lol:

Took my old Vibe sub box to the skip but kept this

Cut it up and wrapped tape around the snout

Took the Tegiwa apart

Not a smooth entrance for the air to flow

Popped in the "Stack"

The end result.

Proberly wont work but no harm in having a play.

:wave:
Tegiwa version tested today and it makes no differece what so ever.

Sort of had my doubts but full marks for trying something different.

It's actually on a low pressure zone where it is and the actual idea of a velocity stack very simplistically is to gather more air in so fitted at an actual intake say at the front of the car would have maximum effect. Where it is after the filter the air being drawn is really on demand so won't allow any more air to be drawn in.

Now lets try a Tegiwa CAI system with a stack built in please. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]