The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
Tax and MOT this week :???:

Then heading over to TDI on friday afternoon, just planning to have Paul give the tune a quick once over and see what the dyno thinks.

The numbers wont be too important as these runs are weeks apart from the last test. Just need to make sure everything is kosher for some drag racing action in August. :twisted:
Well this is where the story ends... Girthatron v2.0 came up with the goods!

The variables are totally different (warmer, and new 225 width semi slick tyres) this time so not really for comparison, but v1 just couldn't make more than 250hp

v2.0 tuned was hitting over 270hp once more (while it was cooler) :-D Shows how critical a correctly sized intake is to your motor!

I've posted the final hot run below for the lulz:

pauls got the AFR looking good [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Only the fecker wants Moar revs again :bad-words:
By *nub*
pulpmelon_r wrote:Well this is where the story ends... Girthatron v2.0 came up with the goods!

The variables are totally different (warmer, and new 225 width semi slick tyres) this time so not really for comparison, but v1 just couldn't make more than 250hp

v2.0 tuned was hitting over 270hp once more (while it was cooler) :-D Shows how critical a correctly sized intake is to your motor!

what other mods?
*nub* wrote:
pulpmelon_r wrote:Well this is where the story ends... Girthatron v2.0 came up with the goods!

what other mods?
Everything is in here bro: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=211286
ShaunCTR wrote:Are TDi putting these kits together now do you know?
I don't think so Shaun, it would be more cost effective to make your own.
First thing to consider is relocating the battery either by retaining the OEM or buying a oddysey battery.

Once relocated it creates a lot more space in the bay and will allow you to design the length of the intake, choose which diamater you want (3" or 3.5" etc) and the filter element you want to run with.
It really depends what setup you are aiming for and what you use the car for, if it's a daily driver then you would want something reliable and not exposed to the elements.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]