The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
Got the exhaust off tonight,

Some paint has flaked on the back box, should I tpuch it back up or polish it down to the stainless steel?

I think more people would be interested in buying if it was polished rather than flat black maybe??
By cammy92
Have you heard any more/had any more thoughts on the joe mccarthy 9.0 manifold ? Was just reading about these and the gains he is claiming they produce over everything else and saw you had posted. Although it was last year lol
cammy92 wrote:Have you heard any more/had any more thoughts on the joe mccarthy 9.0 manifold ? Was just reading about these and the gains he is claiming they produce over everything else and saw you had posted. Although it was last year lol
I actually hope it works, but no one in the UK has bought one and tried it out as of yet. I stopped listening to internet claims a looong time ago.
By pdapaul
pulpmelon_r wrote:Dreams are slightly shattered, I dont really fit that well in an Elise.

The steering wheel is resting pretty much on my thighs :bad-words:

Plan B - K-swap a DC2 :think:
I would have paid good money to see you get out of that!! Did you have to crawl out on your hands and knees :lol:

Dc2 k swap epic idea...I was highly tempted before I decided to break mine.

270 bhp na dc2.....quick car!
By pulpmelon_r
Andy-type r wrote:What was wrong with your ctr?
Just tatty after nearly 110k miles and ten years.

Plus too heavy a chassis to be competitive NASP
pdapaul wrote:
pulpmelon_r wrote:Dreams are slightly shattered, I dont really fit that well in an Elise.

The steering wheel is resting pretty much on my thighs :bad-words:

Plan B - K-swap a DC2 :think:
I would have paid good money to see you get out of that!! Did you have to crawl out on your hands and knees :lol:

Dc2 k swap epic idea...I was highly tempted before I decided to break mine.

270 bhp na dc2.....quick car!
I couldnt get out without putting one hand on the floor :lol:

The total cost of k-swapping an Elise is:

£12-15k car
£5-6k k20a swap kit
10% contingency for any project cost (something will break)
Plus labour cost for the bits I screw up & tool hire.

A UKDM DC2 is £2-3k
K-tuned full turn key swap package - $3000
I could afford to build a K24 and still have 10 grand change left over the Lotus project... :think:
Once you've dropped the interior and put fixed buckets in a DC2 it will be very close to 1000kg

With a 300hp K24 the power to weight in my civic @ 1100kg would be 272hp/tonne

In a 1 tonne DC2 - 300hp/tonne

That means I would need a 330hp motor in the civic to keep up - all other things equal.

I expect the difference between a 300hp K24 and a 330hp one, to be the addition of a custom header, center feed intake manifold, 90mm throttle, 4" custom intake, big valve CnC ported head and stage 4 cams plus supporting valve train.

So at least £4k without any labour
By Ernie96
pulpmelon_r wrote:Once you've dropped the interior and put fixed buckets in a DC2 it will be very close to 1000kg

With a 300hp K24 the power to weight in my civic @ 1100kg would be 272hp/tonne

In a 1 tonne DC2 - 300hp/tonne

That means I would need a 330hp motor in the civic to keep up - all other things equal.

I expect the difference between a 300hp K24 and a 330hp one, to be the addition of a custom header, center feed intake manifold, 90mm throttle, 4" custom intake, big valve CnC ported head and stage 4 cams plus supporting valve train.

So at least £4k without any labour
:bigthumb:

Look forward to the build...

My friend had a K swap DC2 great car but the ground clearance was an issue, not sure if newer style mounts have sorted this now though...
By pdapaul
The problem with the k swap dc2 is that whilst I'm sure it will be awsome whilst you have it, when it comes to sell it you will get butt raped!

There's a guy over on the dc2 forum that has got a minter, fully specced up k20(no cams) but rrc etc. poly bushes, suspension the lot. He can't even get any nibbles @ £7k and it us stunning.

If your using it for track work, it will be a proper weapon, but I still reckon you'll loose your arse on it .

If you do it though, giz a go :twisted:
pdapaul wrote:The problem with the k swap dc2 is that whilst I'm sure it will be awsome whilst you have it, when it comes to sell it you will get butt raped!

There's a guy over on the dc2 forum that has got a minter, fully specced up k20(no cams) but rrc etc. poly bushes, suspension the lot. He can't even get any nibbles @ £7k and it us stunning.

If your using it for track work, it will be a proper weapon, but I still reckon you'll loose your arse on it .

Joining ITR DC2.com....

TBH, I would do the same as this project - just part it all out at the end to get as much back as you can.
By Ernie96
pdapaul wrote:The problem with the k swap dc2 is that whilst I'm sure it will be awsome whilst you have it, when it comes to sell it you will get butt raped!

He can just break it.... isnt that what everyone does these days?

That DC2 is stunning I agree...

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]