The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
By 6N2 GTI 00
It could be the shifter bushes but I would have thought that would have been noticeable as soon as they were changed?

Have you got a short shifter on yours?
6N2 GTI 00 wrote:It could be the shifter bushes but I would have thought that would have been noticeable as soon as they were changed?

Have you got a short shifter on yours?
I meant the poly suspension bushes, the shifter bushes are hybrid racing jobbies (lush for quick shifts)
By 6N2 GTI 00
pulpmelon_r wrote: I meant the poly suspension bushes, the shifter bushes are hybrid racing jobbies (lush for quick shifts)
ahhh my bad [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
I've spoken to clockwise & tdi and worked out the costs of making +300hp nasp and it feels like I'm at a cross roads with this project.

Drop several grand into a fwd hatch to make 275bhp per ton or think about a different chassis for a better power to weight.

K swapping an eg or dc2 initially seemed like the best route but they will have even more traction issues with smaller tyres.

The best option is to k-swap a lotus I feel. Sub 900kg with the same power I have now is over 300bhp per ton with rwd traction.

Just need to see if I can fit in an Elise with a helmet on now.
By pdapaul
Whilst I applaud your conviction towards NA, at the stage your at the only option for me would be boost. I understand that the lure of a powerful NA is strong, but for that kind of money you can boost, have more flexibility, and certainly be easier to upgrade.

For me the eg would be the route either way, they seem to be having great success at the mo in both track & drag disciplines. Your not re-writing the book either as most if the parts you will need are off to shelf.

Is this just your weekend warrior project? The only reason I ask is that whilst the lotus is certainly going to be epic on track, they are Flipping god awful things to drive on the roads!!
By pulpmelon_r
Aye, weekend car.

It just feels like I get everything I need out of the box with a 111s Elise, I can part out the Civic while keeping the engine, gear box and kpro then buy a Stark or Sunspeed DIY kit for the Lotus K-swap.

Over 300hp/ton without boost, thats going to be upsetting the GT3's on track!
By pdapaul
Lotus defo good for weekend warrior, and as you say very little needed for track prep. 300bhp/t na Elise woud defo be a weapon!!

But more fun than a boosted ep3 ?? Or even more fun than a boosted Elise!! Mmmmm decisions decisions.
Insurance cancelled, SORN active, the part out begins.....

Final spec list:

Chassis
Federal RSR tyres
Konig Remember wheels
DME camber arms
Progress front and rear adjustable ARB's
MeisterR Zeta R coilvers
Buddy club RCA's
SuperPro poly bushes
Stoptech discs and pads
Hel brake lines
Avid billet 62a motor mounts
Stevie Grinspeed corner weight and FRSU

Transmission
ClutchMasters FX400
Mfactory LSD
FN2 5.1 final drive
Hybrid racing shifter bushes
MTEC shifter spring

Engine
Custom 3.5" intake with BPI Vstack
Skunk2 70mm throttle
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
K-tuned billet TPS
K-tuned fuel rail
Acura RDX injectors
Supertech HighComp valves
Supertech Manganese Bronze valve guides
Supertech Beehive valve springs
Supertech Ti retainers
Supertech Collets
Prayoonto signature stage two cams
Spoon skinny head gasket
PLM header
TDI-N 3" exhaust with Vibrant muffler
Hondata Kpro - Paul the gooner tune

Misc

Cobra Imola Pro GT seat
Buddyclub rail
Cobra 3 point street harness
Skunk2 knob

Had some good times over the years, every time I drove that Honda I kicked its face in and it never let me down!
By 6N2 GTI 00
Shame to see it split but I can understand why due to the sheer cost of achieving 300bhp N/A

Does the PLM header have the same fitment as Toda/Tegiwa header?
By pulpmelon_r
I had had to step back and evaluate what I wanted to do with the car.

The aims are a NASP low 12 second car, that could pass track day noise limits and be driven on the road with a passenger.

I just dont think that can be done in the EP

RE: The PLM header, not sure how the toda sits but it was about 10mm lower than the piper.
By 6N2 GTI 00
Have you decided on the Elise then or are you still considering a K20 swap in a EF/EG/EK?

Cheers for the info on the PLM, sounds like the fitment is fine but no doubt a JDM/Progress ARB is required if it sits lower. If you do go for the K Swap and can't use the PLM, drop me a PM :wink:
By b0t13
oww noooo,

have you made the final decision on putting it into a lotus then?

i recon youll break out a tear or two when its fully pulled to bits, then a smile when its fitted into a lotus :D

dont put it into an older civic as imo thats a step backwards from what you have!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]