The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Post your power charts here.
By Grov24
So thats basically the same as a M3 E46 or a Cayman S according to a quick google? Quick for a FWD hatch lol.
Grov24 wrote:So thats basically the same as a M3 E46 or a Cayman S according to a quick google? Quick for a FWD hatch lol.
M3's and other RWD sports cars will do 1.9 / 2.0 second 60ft times easy on road rubber.
Once into 3rd FWD can pull that time back.
Currently in the process of getting a beater set of Evo rims to mount some street legal drag radials on:

Im hoping to nail my 60ft times down to 2.0 or under, the federals are really not designed for dragging it seems.
By pulpmelon_r

Ran my fastest trap speed @ York today of just over 106mph, 60fts are more consistent at high 2.2 / low 2.3 now - which is better but still not great.

Tried every pressure from 34psi down to 20psi, any lower than 24 and I find the federals start to 'bounce' around.

The only negative from a great day out: I think I'm slowly killing 2nd gear, it's getting harder and harder to engage :sad:
6N2 GTI 00 wrote:Nice results :salut:

Shame about 2nd gear, is it just the synchro?
Can't be the syncro as high rpm down shifts are fine.

I can replicate the problem when losing traction/wheel hopping.

Might be the harder bushes transferring more shock through to the transmission?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]