The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By mikegsi
was having these probs with my belkin n1 router, sorted the 360 out with a little hepl from this and google

tried googling a help site for my ps3 and it would seem that most games require different port settings!! so stuck the ps3 in the dmz and it sems fine

i would have put both of them in there but it would seem i can only have one in there at a time!
By Pocket Rocket
Go into your xbox connection settings and chose "Manual Setup" or whatever it's called.

IF your routers I.P is infact 192.168.0.1 then enter the following:-

• IP Address : 192.168.0.2
• Subnet mask : 255.255.255.0
• Default Gateway : 192.168.0.1
• DNS server (Primary): 192.168.0.1
• DNS server (Secondary): 192.168.0.1

The I.P address highlighted in bold will now be your Xbox's I.P address and it will never change. If you've already reserved 192.168.0.2 for another device then simply chose a higher number on the end. e.g 192.168.0.20 or something.

The I.P addresses which are underlined should be replaced by your routers's I.P (if different from 192.168.0.1).

2) Go into your router settings page. Click Advanced -> Security. In there you should be able to see a DMZ option, or "Default DMZ Server". The "Server I.P" you want to type in is the new I.P of your Xbox (192.168.0.2 in the example above). Click Apply or Save or whatever the option is.

Run the xbox connection test thingy and you should now see that your NAT is open. If not, come back here and ask and I'll try and help.

If it all goes wrong and you just want to get back on xbox live then simply set it back to automatic again.

Hope this helps![/quote]

Fella, I've got further with your advice than other sources regarding the IP address, thanks. However, I'm still having problems with the DNS server :bad-words: . Any suggestions? Cheers :thumbup:
If anyone else is having Black Ops/other game issues, I've found the below to be the "be all and end all" of port forwarding for the 360 (using IP 192.168.2.5 below):

This avoids using the DMZ and works for even the most awkward Treyarch releases :thumbup:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]