The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
Pretty much decided on the components for my new build
i5 6600 Skylake CPU, ASUS Z170A mobo, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 500GB Samsung SSD and GPU = GTX970 - haven't decided which yet but will be hitting the reviews soon.
Sorry, budget restrictions mean I can't stretch to a GTX980 Ti but the 970 should be fine for me.
I'm really have no idea about a monitor though. I don't think I need 4K, very nice high definition/resolutions should be adequate.
24" probably the max as I only have a small desk and also sit pretty close so anything larger would be wasted/strain on eyes.
What do you guys have and would you recommend it to me. Again keep in mind i'm building on a budget so really looking for good performance/price ratio
Thanks a lot!
Superbully » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:58 pm wrote:Pretty much decided on the components for my new build
i5 6600 Skylake CPU, ASUS Z170A mobo, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 500GB Samsung SSD and GPU = GTX970 - haven't decided which yet but will be hitting the reviews soon.
Sorry, budget restrictions mean I can't stretch to a GTX980 Ti but the 970 should be fine for me.
I'm really have no idea about a monitor though. I don't think I need 4K, very nice high definition/resolutions should be adequate.
24" probably the max as I only have a small desk and also sit pretty close so anything larger would be wasted/strain on eyes.
What do you guys have and would you recommend it to me. Again keep in mind i'm building on a budget so really looking for good performance/price ratio
Thanks a lot!
If you want to do proper 4K gaming you'll need a 980Ti really.

In all honesty, just continue saving for a bit to get the machine you REALLY want. :Woot:
Cheers Stu,

I don't think I do really need/want to do 4K gaming.
Read somewhere that on a smaller monitor 4K not really worth it and as I'm sitting on a desk to play then I can't really have a massive monitor, think 21 to 24" is going be the max.
Just a very good gaming resolution is good enough for me and that will help with the budget as then I don't need the top 980 cards etc.
Much as I would like to have the ability to build uber machines like I used to, those days have gone. Priorities lie elsewhere now and with a house and 2 kids I really can't justify blowing 2 or 3 grand like I used to on a rig.
I would still like to half decently game though so I have to find some kind of middle road..... an i5 Skylake and 970 GTX should be alright enough for me......
Just not sure on monitors and resolutions though - really appreciate any advice .... :-D
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]