The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

The nerds hangout. Anything technology related. TV's, phones, PC's, consoles this is the place!!
By Magnificent_one
Just checked youtube, looks to easy :o 2 screws, pop it out, plug the caddy in and done. Can't be all thats to it?

Edit: Any recommendations for an ssd? :)
By Adey
I stuck an SSD in a 6 year old core 2 duo laptop that I was given and put w7 on it. It's so much better.

If you have Windows 7 do a clean install of that don't upgrade to 10.

Also fans running constantly? Sounds like you could do with blasting it out with some compressed air??
By EvoStu
Magnificent_one wrote:Just checked youtube, looks to easy :o 2 screws, pop it out, plug the caddy in and done. Can't be all thats to it?

Edit: Any recommendations for an ssd? :)
Samsung. The end.

And yes its really that easy on the caddy.
By Magnificent_one
Alright, cheers guys! Looking at the Samsung 850 Evo 250GB or the kingston Savage 240GB.
Might need to give it a blast with the air compressor. Was thinking it might be a bit dusty, the fans sound like they are constantly in overdrive. But that's also because the vent is on the back but it's blocked by the screen when the laptop is open. bad design imo but still like the look of it :)
By EvoStu
Magnificent_one wrote:Alright, cheers guys! Looking at the Samsung 850 Evo 250GB or the kingston Savage 240GB.
Might need to give it a blast with the air compressor. Was thinking it might be a bit dusty, the fans sound like they are constantly in overdrive. But that's also because the vent is on the back but it's blocked by the screen when the laptop is open. bad design imo but still like the look of it :)
Samsung >> ALL

Don't bother with any other drive honestly.
By Magnificent_one
Samsung 850 evo it is.
Would the pro be worth it? I don't think so but what do i know :P
By EvoStu
Magnificent_one wrote:Samsung 850 evo it is.
Would the pro be worth it? I don't think so but what do i know [emoji14]
For a home laptop. Not really.
By Magnificent_one
Cheers! Ordered everything :)
By EvoStu
Magnificent_one wrote:Cheers! Ordered everything :)
Top lad. You won't go far wrong. Get your free windows 10 upgrade now on the existing machine and clean install windows 10 on the new drive.
By Adey
Really? Are we liking Windows 10? not keen on it myself. Prefer Win 7.
By EvoStu
Adey wrote:Really? Are we liking Windows 10? not keen on it myself. Prefer Win 7.
Windows 10 imo is the best OS they've ever produced. The speed of 8.1 and the look and usability of 7.

Can't go back now, its superb.
By smartie
Cant fault 10. :)

Not fussed with the start menu, didn't need it anyway, but its much better than 8.
By mjhamilton
Agree on the 10 - do an upgrade as you are eligible for this for free

Once complete download the IOS and use the Microsoft tool to create a bootable USB drive

Boot from this drive and do a complete clean install and start from scratch

When asked for the license key just press skip as the online registration will know you are entitled so you won't need it

I did this on one of my systems and the clean install works perfectly and negates the risk of carrying over old apps or drivers that don't work 100%
By Adey
Anyone using classic shell with W10?
By Magnificent_one
Allright, i have the Samsung 850 evo SSD and the caddy from newmodeus. Done al the windows updates yesterdag and got the W10 download flag thingy, so will be downloading it tonight and probably fit the SSD too.
If you need a SSD Caddy, newmodeus is superb! Wrapped in 2 bubblewrap envelopes and those where wrapped in a bubblewrap cardboard envelope. Super fast delivery too! Ordered it Friday 9.30pm and arrived on monday noon, from California! :o

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]